Armando: Neither Incognito or Martin will be back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Neither Incognito or Martin will be back

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think we all already figured this is the way it will play out. They are playing better without them, why bring them back.

I reported last month that Richie Incognito would not play for the Dolphins again once he was placed on suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. That report stands. Incognito's days in Miami are over.There has been speculation that the Dolphins and Incognito's representatives came to an agreement that would bring the deposed guard back to the team. False. There was an agreement but that was one where the Dolphins agreed to pay Incognito in exchange for him not challenging the suspension via a grievance. Indeed, the agreement actually extended the suspension.

So Incognito basically agreed to sit out and be paid.

It has further been reported Incognito's suspension must end next week. I predict Incognito's suspension will definitively not end next week. I believe his camp will or has already agreed to extend the suspension through the end of the season.

Yes, he will be paid. But the suspension will continue.

The reason this is the course that must be taken is that neither the NFL (which is driving this entire situation) nor the Dolphins want to be placed in a position to make a roster decision or any type of decision on the player before the report's findings are released.

As for Martin, I'm reporting his days with the Dolphins are finished as well. The Miami locker room that was clearly on Incognito's side in this whole affair will not be a suitable place for Martin to make his return. He'll be traded to the highest bidder at some point in the offseason.

Unless I miss my educated guess, that is how this story and scandal that was so explosive for multiple weeks in November will be turned into a much smaller story that captures the headlines for a short time in the offseason.

The NFL knows how to handle a crisis, folks.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ins-its-all-about-football.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this like the 17th time this has been reported that they will not be back? Need some new material, Armando.

If Richie did nothing wrong why is he still suspended?

PR....

Team can't bring back the agressor of the situation until everything is cleared up. Would look beyond terrible for the Fins organization.

Throw in the race factor....white guy got to play but black guy didin't? too soon?

In addition, Fins and Incog camp I believe both recognized this and decided to make a deal paying Incog for rest of reason if he sits out until Week 16.

Should have put armando going out on a limb , in the thread title.

It has further been reported Incognito's suspension must end next week. I predict Incognito's suspension will definitively not end next week. I believe his camp will or has already agreed to extend the suspension through the end of the season.

Thanks for posting the text and not just the link, I feel dirty after going on his site....

Richie will take the money because the alternative would be he gets cut and no one will touch him until at least the summer, better to get these game checks on that 3 million salary, if he does play again it will be the vet minimum with all types of strings attached lol..... Hopefully this clown is right about this story

Sounds good to me........as long as da Phinz crappy Offensive Line can if least slow down the pass rush enough that T-Hill and our play makers can make plays...and the Phinz WIN then I'm happy.

Because his other option would be to get cut and not have any money coming in, no way he is playing for Philbin again or Ross....smartest thing Richie has done in awhile, negotiate his suspension to include pay, keep a low profile and hopefully a team takes a chance on him next yr.....

If, by some miracle, the NFL's report came out tomorrow and cleared Incognito of all wrongdoing, then yes, it is possible (though still unlikely) the Dolphins could lift his suspension. It would take a miracle plus an extremely bold (foolhardy?) move by the Dolphins (i.e. "as per the findings from the NFL's investigation, Richie Incognito was a completely innocent party in the events that transpired and consequently will now rejoin the Dolphins active roster..."). There is virtually no chance the report will clear Incognito and even if it did, would the Dolphins bring him back?

Who said he did nothing wrong?
This will play out after the season, because there is distraction material involved, we just don't know what it is. If nothing was wrong it would not have to play out after the season.
He did something wrong.

Who said he did nothing wrong?
This will play out after the season, because there is distraction material involved, we just don't know what it is. If nothing was wrong it would not have to play out after the season.
He did something wrong.

duh...what?? :err:

PR....

Team can't bring back the agressor of the situation until everything is cleared up. Would look beyond terrible for the Fins organization.

Throw in the race factor....white guy got to play but black guy didin't? too soon?

In addition, Fins and Incog camp I believe both recognized this and decided to make a deal paying Incog for rest of reason if he sits out until Week 16.

I hope to hell people would complain about that considering the black guy, Martin, was the one who walked out on the team.

Incog has brought his reputation on himself and in retrospect has done some onerous things (but by the same token, I still believe the same of Famous Jameis and he's up for The Heisman and the National Championship game because the system powers that be mandated it). And yes, our OL may be better without him as well as Martin, but OTOH maybe not since McKinnie is underscoring how inadequate Martin was and as such what a likely distraction for his fellow OL in picking up his slack, so it's hard to say that without Richie, it's also "addition by subtraction."

However, no matter what else, by all accounts Incog was a good teammate who had other's backs including Martin in a blowup with Jordan. He was easy to be made a fall guy and then get hung out to dry by the coaching staff who did not reveal their complicity and stood by silently as BSPN and other hypocritical talking heads eviscerated him. So to that end, IMO he's as much of a victim in this as Martin may be and probably more since I believe Martin as far as I can throw that load. It galls me that Incog has lost over a $mil yet the mama's boy was allowed to go AWOL, become the center of attention and pity yet get paid for being a bad teammate.

Back
Top Bottom