Armando now on Dan Patrick show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando now on Dan Patrick show

KevInMotion

Running @ 24 FPS
Reaction score
http://www.danpatrick.com/#

For anyone who couldn't catch it.

Bold is my emphasis for new information.

Q: Missed the first question.
A: This story goes far beyond sports. It's about race, it's about bullying.

Q: The voicemail that Richie reportedly left, has anyone heard it or do we just have the transcript.

A; I have not heard it, some people at ESPN have, but I've heard that there is another line in the voicemail that hasn't been released yet and supposedly can add more context to it all. What Richie said was horrible and I'm not defending the language he used in the voicemail. But we need to hear it all to know full context.

Q: What is the line that's left out, that they omitted?

A: After Richie goes on his foul rant, he laughs, and then his tone of voice changes and Richie very calmly says... "Okay, Call me Back."
Understand 2 things, Jon Martin called him back. Also according to Hartline and other players, Martin played the voicemail for the team and it became a joke. Jon was even laughing about it.

Q: I'm missing something, the more I know the less I know, he leaves the team, he's dealing with stress, they hang out all the time, they're best friends, what am I missing here?

A: Everything. These two guys are besties, they sit together on the team plane, they're hanging out on Burbon St together partying and even went on a carriage ride together in New Orleans. Just last week prior to leaving the team, Martin got into a scuffle with Dion. Do you know the first person to jump in an defend Martin? Incognito was in the middle immediately, then pouncey, then the D-Line jumped in the scuffle. The idea that Richie and Martin weren't close has been clearly proven wrong with all they did together and with what the teammates said.

Q: So why was Richie suspended indefinitely?

A: Conduct Detrimental to the team.

Q: So now the story comes out that Ireland told Martin to stand up for himself and punch the bully?

A: Yeah supposedly he told that to Martin's agent, again, we need context. I didn't hear the conversation, and you're telling me that's a normal conversation between a NFL GM and NFL Agent, is that how they really talk? Tell me why the only thing, the key phrase that comes out of the convo is punch him in the face?? Ireland has 2 daughters that suffer from Autism. I've seen what he does to raise awareness and how he raises his kids, I not sure he's telling people to go around and punch people in the face.

Q: So What's next?

A: Well the NFL review is under way, if coaches knew, that will come out. If Ireland said punch him in the face and only that, it will come out. If Richie is a racist bully, that will come out. If Martin has emotional or mental problems, or has another agenda, I assume that will also come out. But I can assure you, that no one will be happy when it all ends.

Q: How did the voicemail become public? Which side leaked it??

A: Martin's side leaked it.

Q: Wait, Even though he laughed at it and played it for the team?

A: His team seems to have a game plan. Ground work has been laid for lawsuits, for workplace harassment. This Voicemail is only one part of it. More to come.

Closing statement DP: Well, Enjoy the circus!

A: Funny you mention that, When the media was allowed into the locker room yesterday, a player was playing the circus theme for our entrance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the first time that I've heard about ESPN editing the voicemail and not providing the full transcript. If that's true then I'm not surprised. But it goes to show that certain media outlets have an agenda.

There is a certain narrative they want to follow and if it doesn't fit that line, then you won't hear a peep about it.

Doesn't change the things Richie said on the voicemail, but it surely does add a little more context.

If you hear a calm and joking, "Okay, call me back." It goes to show that he wasn't saying that all in a serious or threatening demeanor.

Not saying that a joke can't go to far.... just that we need to hear the whole story, not just the aspects the media wants to push/focus on.

Adam Schefter is lying low right now.

Adam Schefter is lying low right now.

It's clearly personal between him and Richie, but he's not an idiot. I wonder if Schefter is going to switch up the approach and now go after Dolphins management and coaching instead. I bet he is.

It's clearly personal between him and Richie, but he's not an idiot. I wonder if Schefter is going to switch up the approach and now go after Dolphins management and coaching instead. I bet he is.

I'm sure the media (read: ESPN) will run with the, "Ireland told Martin to punch Richie in the face" angle.

If they can't smell the smoke, they will surely light a fire to supplement.

Isn't it funny how some malcontent rat can tarnish all sorts of careers over his bs? The sad thing is, he probably really does get bullied ..... by mommy and daddy.

I'm sure the media (read: ESPN) will run with the, "Ireland told Martin to punch Richie in the face" angle.

If they can't smell the smoke, they will surely light a fire to supplement.

Next up will be JOE PHILBIN ORDERED THE CODE RED.

Hard Knocks footage will sort that one out quickly, though, IMO.

The end of that about the circus is perfect.

Kudos to the player who had that queued up and playing, I'd love to know who made it happen.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

There's a video of it on instagram, I think. They set up a boombox in Richie Incognito's locker and it was playing circus music. :lol:

Any way you can link to that?? That's classic.

That's the first time that I've heard about ESPN editing the voicemail and not providing the full transcript. If that's true then I'm not surprised. But it goes to show that certain media outlets have an agenda.

They edited it because played in context the voicemail is not as news worthy......screw responsible journalism it's all about ratings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

This reminds me of when Chris Benoit killed his family and himself and everybody was attacking WWE. CNN did an interview with John Cena and asked him if he did steroids and his response shown was "I can't say I didn't but prove I did." Made him look awful, BUT WWE had a camera at the interview and later released the whole response and he said (paraphrasing)

No I never did, but because of the job I do, and how much we have to work out to keep ourselves looking in shape and how much we are on the road people won't believe what I say. Now have I been advised by doctors to take certain things to help heal from injuries? Yes, but I never got or took steroids illegally. So the best answer I can give is "I can't say I didn't but prove I did". It's not a good answer, but it's a question I just can't win with no matter what I say"

This reminds me of when Chris Benoit killed his family and himself and everybody was attacking WWE. CNN did an interview with John Cena and asked him if he did steroids and his response shown was "I can't say I didn't but prove I did." Made him look awful, BUT WWE had a camera at the interview and later released the whole response and he said (paraphrasing)

No I never did, but because of the job I do, and how much we have to work out to keep ourselves looking in shape and how much we are on the road people won't believe what I say. Now have I been advised by doctors to take certain things to help heal from injuries? Yes, but I never got or took steroids illegally. So the best answer I can give is "I can't say I didn't but prove I did". It's not a good answer, but it's a question I just can't win with no matter what I say"

That's why I always question what I'm being told by any major media outlets. I try and find out each and every single side to the story, whatever the story may be. You have to try and stay biased until you know all the facts, then you can form a solid opinion and take a stance.

Back
Top Bottom