Armando on rounds 2 and 3 - he called James | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando on rounds 2 and 3 - he called James

I love it. "Hartline? No, that dude is money. We have to upgrade over this Matthews guy. No one wants WRs that actually show playmaking ability."

Weird IMO how they seem to be trying to replace Matthews. I really don't get it? IMO whenever the kids had the opportunity he's mostly showed up. What I'm i missing?

Good we need another WR. But I'm sure he's right about binito and that usc guard

I'm not understanding what the issue is with Matthews. He flashes whenever his # is called. He's a keeper in my book.

Donte Moncrief's name was on there.

What I expect though, is the best available guard. This is not a BPA year, this is Philbin yacking in Hickey's ear and saying, play it safe.

I predict TE Amaro or WR Jake MAthews (vanderbilt stud) or RB Tre Mason. Of course we will reach for a guard?

Yep strange how these coaches evaluate these players, Matthews did a great job IMO when Gibson went down. But I guess they watch these players everyday in training so there is obviously some issue there.

Yep strange how these coaches evaluate these players, Matthews did a great job IMO when Gibson went down. But I guess they watch these players everyday in training so there is obviously some issue there.

Some coaches are anal about practice. Some players are simply game players. Sometimes these two worlds collide. In the past, it has led to a receiver being called "she".

Matthews had made this squad last year despite missing most of camp because he showed to be an absolute beast at bringing in the ball in his time on the field as a rookie. But those who are saying he did great replacing Gibson are only remembering his first few games, or mostly the Bucs game. He disappeared down the stretch, and his drop of a wide open pass that could have gone to the house and been the difference in a game that should have taken us to the playoffs was a choke at the worst time from a guy whose one real skill is doing the opposite.

Matthews will get the chance to compete for a job, but he effectively blew his chance to be a guaranteed part of this team's future when his botched play in the penultimate game of the season pretty much defined a team effort at choking in one play. He wasn't the only one who sucked that day, but when given a golden opportunity to change that for his team, he instead compounded their issues.

Back
Top Bottom