Armando Raining on the Dolphins parade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Raining on the Dolphins parade

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/11/some-thoughts-to-last-you-seven-days.html

guy is the definition of a smart *** with a clear agenda (and no i do not think they can win out either but thats not the point)

2. I do not believe the Dolphins can win out. Yes, the current three-game streak is commendable. It's good for the team and fans. But it is as much a product of the Dolphins facing bad competition as it is them playing better. Let's face it, the Bills actually improved against Miami by losing 35-8. The week before, they lost to Dallas 44-7.
The Bills are so injured, they seem done for the season. They've lost their best pass-rush threat, their best defensive lineman, their No. 2 cornerback, their No. 2 wide receiver, their No. 3 wide receiver, their starting center, their kicker, and on Sunday didn't have the services of their starting left tackle and starting strong safety.
So if you think Miami's convincing victory had nothing to do with that, go ahead and live the dream.
Me?
I guess I want to see Miami beat Dallas. And the Patriots and Jets, to whom they already lost. Oakland is also no pushover. And Philadelphia is still more talented than Miami even without Michael Vick. So victories in those games will move me.
Victories against Washington, Buffalo and Kansas City? Nice. But I was born at night, just not last night. (Actually, I was born at 11:45 in the morning).

So to answer something I was asked on twitter Sunday, winning these games is great -- to a measured and diminished point.
Also, these wins are indeed hurting the team longterm. Think about this: Every victory the Dolphins add increases the chances they will draft lower in the April draft. That is not an intangible fantasy. That is fact. Many fans are worried about that, and I understand why. It is legitimate.
I don't want to hear how winning meaningless games now is more valuable than draft position later. It is not. I would never condone losing. I encourage winning. But I do so with my eyes open. Wins now are not as valuable because the chances of turning those wins into a playoff berth -- the whole reason for winning in the regular season -- are practically zero.
The Dolphins did that to themselves.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...hts-to-last-you-seven-days.html#ixzz1eJXM5QLt

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...hts-to-last-you-seven-days.html#ixzz1eJXGL7qL

They're 3-7. There's acid rain pouring on that parade, and they're the ones responsible for seeding the clouds.

This could actually be the first article Armando has written that is right. He must have plagiarized it.

The draft is a crapshoot. Lets worry about it come April.

Armando it's easy writing as a contarian. Where were these pieces celebrating our losing 4 weeks ago?

He's mostly right though...The truth sucks sometimes, but it is. Still don't think we'll win more than 5 or 6 games, so we'll still be in good draft shape, since you have a lot of muddled teams.

This is really one of his best articles, if not the best. So I'm actually quite surprised he was able to pull off some common sense journalism.

The media is even worse than Dolphin fans when the team wins. :idk:

People are euphoric and emotional because the team had a big blowout win today, which is great. I'm happy that people are happy. But the team's still got big problems and Tony Sparano is still the same coach he was before we ran into the floundering, injured Buffalo Bills. Enjoying a win is great, but so is perspective. It's one out of sixteen, and the balance is still strongly tilted in the direction of 'stink.'

Somebody's got to be in the back of the chariot, whispering about the fleeting nature of glory.

We could win the Superbowl and Armando and Omar would still find something to be upset about.

Nothing I've read over the last several months since creating this graphic alters my opinion in the least!

2mxhcb5-1.jpg

Armando is a hater, probably pissed that Jeff Darlington who actually wrote sensible articles is with NFL network while he is still bitching and moaning about Andrew Luck (LOL just saying he is a douchebag). Say what you want about the opponent I never seen a dolphin defense punish any recievers for catching the ball like they did today. Furthermore when was the last time against GOOD OR BAD COMPETITION that any of us (including mando's beans and rice fat ***) saw a Dolphins offense go for the throat with touchdowns and NOT settle for field goals. Lets be real in the past phins would have been up 13-3 instead of 21-3 after the first 3 drives...

People are euphoric and emotional because the team had a big blowout win today, which is great. I'm happy that people are happy. But the team's still got big problems and Tony Sparano is still the same coach he was before we ran into the floundering, injured Buffalo Bills. Enjoying a win is great, but so is perspective. It's one out of sixteen, and the balance is still strongly tilted in the direction of 'stink.'

Somebody's got to be in the back of the chariot, whispering about the fleeting nature of glory.

I understand that, but people get carried away with their whining and complaining.

lol armando is great cuz he "sh*ts" on a good day. i hope the team takes this to heart and whoops dallas. i feel sorry for anyone who really clings to football that much that they are worried about the draft in april instead of work on monday.

3 game winning streak baby!

Back
Top Bottom