Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise

sorry, I don't agree. but signing him wasn't the problem. Tony starting him was the problem.

What was the alternative? Vernon Carey was basically done at that point(another Ireland contract, $42 million, $15 guaranteed there, though he later restructured) and was kicked over to guard in order to 1) try and get some play out of his quickly deteriorating body, 2) cover up that weak point from various free agents busts and a struggling John Jerry.

Sparano didnt have much to work with. Will Baker? Nate Garner? I suppose either of those guys were better than Colombo, but its not like Ireland provided him with some world-beater stud and Sparano refused to play him.

not gonna read the whole thread, but I saw some valid points against Ireland. I would just like to point something out in support of him.

Even under the likes of Wanny and Saban we had huge holes on the roster and we were always right against the cap. JT and Zach were constantly restructuring their contracts in the offseason to give us room to make moves.

Whatever the reason for cap space, we've never really been strapped for cash under Ireland. In some cases that's just him being cheap, but that isn't the only case.

What was the alternative? Vernon Carey was basically done at that point(another Ireland contract, $42 million, $15 guaranteed there, though he later restructured) and was kicked over to guard in order to 1) try and get some play out of his quickly deteriorating body, 2) cover up that weak point from various free agents busts and a struggling John Jerry.

Sparano didnt have much to work with. Will Baker? Nate Garner? I suppose either of those guys were better than Colombo, but its not like Ireland provided him with some world-beater stud and Sparano refused to play him.

London Murtha?

Worst FA signing ever.

He was signed in the preseason because our starting RT had a season ending injury. Its not like Ireland sought this guy out when free agency began in March. Columbo was an emergency signing.

Lydon Murtha was pegged to be our starting RT heading into that season. Murtha being placed on IR is was what prompted the Columbo signing.

Which made less sense. Making the crappy Murtha our starting RT or signing Columbo to replace him. Both seem pretty bad ideas

Which made less sense. Making the crappy Murtha our starting RT or signing Columbo to replace him. Both seem pretty bad ideas

What makes you so sure Murtha wasnt an upgrade over Columbo?

Im an upgrade over Columbo. Its like the south park epsidoe douce versus crap sandwich. Neither guy should have been counted on to be an NFL starter.

truthfully we can ALL start they whining when we drafted Long instead of Ryan, and it's a huge pity party from there, however all of that is irrelevant THIS offseason because Ireland made a TON of people happy with last years draft and he can do the same in this years offseason

A Mazda is an upgrade over a Ferrari... if the Ferrari's ****ing broken all the time. Murtha can't stay healthy, has never stayed healthy, and it was dumb to rely on him to stay healthy to the point your backup plan could pass for a corpse.

i think irelands one for one so far this offseason...tagging starks given the # on a dt i think was the right call...not tegging sean smith or jake long or reggie bush or god forbid brian hartline again the right call...and not spending heavily on our own free agents to date to retain them another smart move imo...

but if he trades jared odrick and sells low for a like 4th round compensation that will drop his grade...and i hope he now knows given what dwayne bowe signed for before free agency and a possible bidding war mike wallace commands $60 mil in free agency and i bet greg jennings cost more than $8 mil per now...better open up that check book and come correct

Im an upgrade over Columbo. Its like the south park epsidoe douce versus crap sandwich. Neither guy should have been counted on to be an NFL starter.

My point is that Columbo was plan B due to inuries, yet you keep insinuating this was Ireland's plan A. Columbo was the backup. What a surprise....a backup played like a backup.

My point is that Columbo was plan B due to inuries, yet you keep insinuating this was Ireland's plan A. Columbo was the backup. What a surprise....a backup played like a backup.

A predictable "inurie", though, given Murtha's inurie history, which is the reason he's now out of the league. Ireland absolutely deserves the blame for having ****ty toilet water as a backup plan.

Inurie.

A Mazda is an upgrade over a Ferrari... if the Ferrari's ****ing broken all the time.

Not really but nice try. Enjoy your Mazda....keep in the right lanes please.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

A predictable "inurie", though, given Murtha's inurie history, which is the reason he's now out of the league. Ireland absolutely deserves the blame for having ****ty toilet water as a backup plan.

Inurie.

You are right, every player should be backed up by an all-pro. Wtf was I thinking?

Back
Top Bottom