Armando Salguero is an idiot (rant) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero is an idiot (rant)

PerfectFinz72

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone caught his interview yesterday morning on 790theticket with Jorge Cedano (it is archived if anyone wants to check it out), but he wasnt excited about Jake Long being the pick. He seems to think McFadden would have been a better pick for the team because he makes the bigger impact for the position you're picking at (#1 overall).

This guy is such a jerk, at least thats how he comes off everytime I hear him talk about the Dolphins. And to be honest, his arguments (or opinions depending on how you want to look at it) are often just dumb. Sometimes I wonder if he is just some average Joe they found on the street and gave him a position at the Miami Herald. That coupled with the mis-information he spewed from inside the Finz lockerroom a few months back in which Jay Feely called into Jorge's show to call him out on. Credibility doesn't seem to be his strong point.

/rant

yeah, everything he says is negative. really hard to read or listen to him. plus, he's wrong a lot.

McFadden would have been a horrible pick for us for two huge reasons:

1. We have Ronnie Brown. Sure he is currently not 100% healthy, but he is still a solid player. We used the #2 overall pick on him in 2005 and in doing so, he has a huge contract. Really want to spend another Top 2 pick on a running back and pay another big check to a guy who would "Share" the load with Ronnie?

2. Running backs normally have a NFL life expectancy of 5 years. Jake Long will likely be in the league 10+ years and can play multiple positions along the line. With a pick so high, Jake Long was probably the best option by far.

I listen to it and dont think he ment he hates the pick but for the money we have to pay the safest pick would be mcfadden and I also agree.Espn also mention that a couple weeks ago and they new we were ok a the rb postion.

I like the pick but lets just hope this moves does not come back at us in a few years.

I dont know if anyone caught his interview yesterday morning on 790theticket with Jorge Cedano (it is archived if anyone wants to check it out), but he wasnt excited about Jake Long being the pick. He seems to think McFadden would have been a better pick for the team because he makes the bigger impact for the position you're picking at (#1 overall).

This guy is such a jerk, at least thats how he comes off everytime I hear him talk about the Dolphins. And to be honest, his arguments (or opinions depending on how you want to look at it) are often just dumb. Sometimes I wonder if he is just some average Joe they found on the street and gave him a position at the Miami Herald. That coupled with the mis-information he spewed from inside the Finz lockerroom a few months back in which Jay Feely called into Jorge's show to call him out on. Credibility doesn't seem to be his strong point.

/rant
I would have to say you would be hard-pressed to find someone on the boards that dislikes him and his opinions as much as I do. I 100000% agree with your rant. I heard the interview and all I have to say is thank god he isnt in the front office! Great Post. Amen Brother!:up:

Yea, I heard it. I also thought it was a joke. He "mispoke on many occasions", once saying the OL is not the second most paid position in football. After that interview, I can honestly say that I lost any respect for the guy. Jorge on the other hand, made great points that were dismissed, such as you can find a running back anywhere; look at GB and the Giants, also what has happened to Denver running backs after they leave Denver.

Arnando reminded me of a shock jock type of person, not to my taste.

I hate to say it, but you're gonna have to take a number and wait in a very long line if you're going to bash Armando.

First was the hit when he and Cole were spotted high-fiving when the Phins were knocked out of the playoffs. 2nd was every idiotic thing he wrote in the Herald. Third was every idiotic thing he's ever said on the radio. Fourth was plagiarizing from FH members for posts (guess he had to make a deadline pretty badly).

The Herald has a long fine history of journalism (yeah, even including that whole Dave Barry thing) and they should be ashamed of having such a piss-poor sports staff.

I hate to say it, but you're gonna have to take a number and wait in a very long line if you're going to bash Armando.

First was the hit when he and Cole were spotted high-fiving when the Phins were knocked out of the playoffs. 2nd was every idiotic thing he wrote in the Herald. Third was every idiotic thing he's ever said on the radio. Fourth was plagiarizing from FH members for posts (guess he had to make a deadline pretty badly).

The Herald has a long fine history of journalism (yeah, even including that whole Dave Barry thing) and they should be ashamed of having such a piss-poor sports staff.

Wow, I didnt know about all that other stuff. Ok, now I'm REALLY freakin annoyed. He comes off like such an arrogant "you-know-what" which doesn't help. And everytime I hear him making a point about something, I always think to myself he sounds like the average fan that calls into the station and has little idea what he's actually talking about. :(

Salguero tries to put a spin on everything and is real negative
. I read his stuff, but I do it cause sometimes he gets good imformation. He can always find a way to make us sound like crap and he is a know it all. I think alot of us can do a better job then the guy.

Good stuff. I don't care for his writing style--or his ideas for that matter, so I only skim his articles to see if there is anything in them I haven't heard elsewhere yet. There usually isn't.

Back
Top Bottom