Armando says the Dolphins still want Winston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says the Dolphins still want Winston

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins continue to have offensive tackle Eric Winston on the radar. He will sign with the team if the club convinces him to take a short-term (perhaps one-year) deal that is not for huge money. Winston, obviously, continues to believe he will get more somehwere.We'll see.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...olphins-add-grimes-as-cornerback-stopgap.html

I agree with Ireland on this, my view on Winston can best be summed up by "meh" I don't think theres much left in the tank (reflected by his lack of interested teams) and I wouldn't want a long term deal.

However if we sign him on a 1/2 year deal as a stop gap... then I can get unboard with that, gives Yeatman time to develop and allows us to go BPA in the draft.

Remember, we all thought the grimes deal was dead and he visited on the same day as Winston......

Winston they want on short term deal I find that interesting, seems like the fins like the ol in draft whether real early or later is yet to be seen...

Regarding o-line. It seems a forgone conclusion that the top 3 tackles in the draft will be gone when Miami picks. We must have a strong conviction on a guy or two that we can get in round 2 or3. Somehow we may end up with Cooper who is a monster at Guard and many feel fit our system better than Warmack. AsI posted elsewhere I'm high on Flucker from Alabama and the tackle from Florida State is a good one. Is the dropoff from the top 3 tackles so huge? Not that positive. We'll see.

Would be nice to sign him. I praying that Martin is the solid LT i thought he would be when we drafted him. Would be nice if he comes to camp a whole lot stronger. Trade up for milliner and draft another corner and wr in rd 2 maybe swope in rd 3 and some o line depth.

I'd be ok with drafting offensive line help early and signing Winston to a reasonable 1/2 deal even if you had to pay more this year given the backload on other free agent signing we have had

One of the problems with the Patriots run and gun offense was their inability to run the ball consistently at the end of games and more offensive line should help our Rb's find holes while our improved Wr corps distracts corners and safeties that have tired from chasing Wallace, Hartline, Bess and Keller around all game

winston's gonna screw this up by wanting more money rather than swallow his pride & take a 1 yr deal.

Whoa, did Mando just say the Grimes deal was for 3M? I thought it was for 5.5M with 3M guaranteed? If we got him for 3M total for 1 year, that's a steal. Great job Ireland if that's the case.

If this all comes together the Ireland dis-likers aren't going to know what to do this season: Cheer or Boo?
Anyone notice a few of them have already gone silent!
Has anyone seen Dlockz lately, I'm getting worried!

Whoa, did Mando just say the Grimes deal was for 3M? I thought it was for 5.5M with 3M guaranteed? If we got him for 3M total for 1 year, that's a steal. Great job Ireland if that's the case.

Ideally, sign Winston 1 year deal to push Martin at RT.., I don't see Martin as starting caliber LT at this point

Back
Top Bottom