Armando says we’re screwed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says we’re screwed

Armando makes some good points and he is around the team a lot. I don’t totally disagree with the article because our track record doesn’t exactly give us much hope. However, as we know, the nfl is cyclical and one player can be the catalyst of turning this franchise around. If we get lucky and draft a couple elite players on defense or draft a true franchise qb, we can be a legit contender rather quickly. Furthermore, the patriots run is coming to an end soon.

He's right...can't understand people who go to the games regularly to support this crappy organization. After watching the jags kick our ass in Jacksonville a few years ago that was it for me, sports bars and my living room only from now on.

As others have pointed out, his articles have gotten better and more accurate since Tbum was hired. It's like he buddied up to him to get info but knows he's a half wit.

Pretty impossible to disagree with any of that. The only thing he didn't mention is the Dolphins will continue to suck out loud until Ross sells the team. You need football people making football decisions. This team hasn't had that for a long time.

As others have pointed out, his articles have gotten better and more accurate since Tbum was hired. It's like he buddied up to him to get info but knows he's a half wit.

Pretty impossible to disagree with any of that. The only thing he didn't mention is the Dolphins will continue to suck out loud until Ross sells the team. You need football people making football decisions. This team hasn't had that for a long time.
Aren’t our football people making football decisions? Also, I disagree about Ross. What else do you want out of an owner?

Aren’t our football people making football decisions? Also, I disagree about Ross. What else do you want out of an owner?

I didn't consider Ross or Tannenbaum football people. Never got that vibe from either. All starts at the top. Look at the decisions that have been made under his ownership. If you consider celebrity owners and nauseating logo changes and giving the keys to the kingdom to that used car salesman hack Tannenbaum football decisions, then I don't know what to tell you. Ross wants to do the right things for the team, but he doesn't know what the right thing is, because he's a businessman and not a football guy.

The hiring of Tannenbaum alone is enough evidence that Ross doesn't know what to do. It doesn't make you a football guy just because you have the money to buy a football team. It just makes you rich enough to waste my Sundays for the foreseeable future.

Armando is wrong. It's not about luck, and it's not about perpetually losing until you build up enough top 5 picks on your team. It's about seizing the opportunity when it's staring you in the face, and consistently making smart decisions.

This Dolphins organization makes tragically poor decisions. To name a few:
1. Shula never invests a pick in Marino's successor because he was thinking about his legacy, Marino's legacy, and not the team's.
2. Jimmy wants Norv Turner as OC to replace Gary Stevens, but Turner is not available. Instead of taking a chance on a young coordinator, he promotes Kippy Brown and the offense is the definition of bland.
3. Jimmy doesn't trade Marino. It would have been hard, but it needed to happen.
4. Jimmy shackles us with Wannstedt.
5. Wannstedt passes on Brees. Wannstedt made a ton of bad decisions, but this was the highlight.
6. Saban drafts Ronnie Brown and watches Aaron Rodgers fall, but doesn't trade back into the 1st round to get him.
7. Saban passes on Brees AGAIN. Goes with Culpepper instead.
8. Cam Cameron
9. Parcells robs the organization on a consulting contract and sticks us with a first time GM and first time head coach.
10. Jake Long. Not in itself a bad pick, but Matt Ryan was there and we needed a QB.

I'm going to stop there because the Failbin era is depressing. It's not luck Armando. It's developing a team culture and a philosophy, and sticking to it. Look at the Steelers. Yeah, they started winning big after hitting on Roethlisberger, but they also went to the playoffs with Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and Bubby Brister. The Packers maintained their philosophy from Ron Wolf to Ted Thompson. And of course the Patriots have been consistent winners with Belichick at the helm.

The Dolphins have struggled mightily to find THE GUY at the top who consistently makes good decisions. It's that simple.

I didn't consider Ross or Tannenbaum football people. Never got that vibe from either. All starts at the top. Look at the decisions that have been made under his ownership. If you consider celebrity owners and nauseating logo changes and giving the keys to the kingdom to that used car salesman hack Tannenbaum football decisions, then I don't know what to tell you. Ross wants to do the right things for the team, but he doesn't know what the right thing is, because he's a businessman and not a football guy.

The hiring of Tannenbaum alone is enough evidence that Ross doesn't know what to do. It doesn't make you a football guy just because you have the money to buy a football team. It just makes you rich enough to waste my Sundays for the What owners are football people? Maybe jerry Richardson. Tannenbaum has gm experience. I wouldn’t of hired him but I can’t fault Ross for taking a chance on someone he believes in. Every new owner has no experience owning a football team. Ross puts the best people he can find in place to do their job. There were no sure fire better candidates when our HC or gm positions were open. He tried to hit a home run with harbaugh and it didn’t work out. He rebuilt the stadium with his own money and vastly improved the game day experience, he’s willing to spend and stays out of the way so the football guys can make decisions.

Your response is a little confusing. If you agree with the article, then wouldn't you want to keep the existing FO so we can be just like the JAGs and fill the cupboards over time.

I don't agree with the article -- with a quality FO, you can still build through the draft even if you are drafting in the middle, it's just slower.

Are you serious??? The only important thing he really does is hire competent people. That is his entire job description as an owner, and he has miserably failed. I mean the man could not have done worse if he had tried.

Ross is a complete football idiot, and his choice of managers and coaches shows that beyond any doubt. He never had a clue what it was going to take to be successful.

Everyone in the world knew Tannenbaum was an abject failure, but Ross gives him the GM job.

The New York connection. Why the effing hell do we need New Yorkers running the Dolphins?? Triple FFF New York!!!!!

Your response is a little confusing. If you agree with the article, then wouldn't you want to keep the existing FO so we can be just like the JAGs and fill the cupboards over time.

I don't agree with the article -- with a quality FO, you can still build through the draft even if you are drafting in the middle, it's just slower.

I didn't get that out of it at all.

Are you serious??? The only important thing he really does is hire competent people. That is his entire job description as an owner, and he has miserably failed. I mean the man could not have done worse if he had tried.

Ross is a complete football idiot, and his choice of managers and coaches shows that beyond any doubt. He never had a clue what it was going to take to be successful.

Everyone in the world knew Tannenbaum was an abject failure, but Ross gives him the GM job.

The New York connection. Why the effing hell do we need New Yorkers running the Dolphins?? Triple FFF New York!!!!!
Tannenbaum had success in New York and worked under Belichick in Cleveland. Tbaum also worked for the Saints while attending law school. I would say he’s a football guy. Both Philbin & Gase were the top coordinators the years we hired them, and certainly would’ve been hired by someone. There were no Jimmy Johnson type coaches available to hire so he picked the best young candidates. Also, what does it matter about where people are from?

What would you do with Tannehill if we drafted Allen
Keep Tannehill around for a year or cut him Post June 1
and Have quite a bit of xtra cap space and Go with Allen
as your starter
If you take Allen, tannehill is a lame duck and would have to be traded. We wouldn’t have much leverage so you can forget about anything more than a 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom