Armando The Debbie Downer... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando The Debbie Downer...

Pretty much spot on IMO. And history shows that so many "uncertainties" usually = a number of unresolved problems.

we have big questions on OL - LB - DB. With a number of other yet to be determined outcomes, including Gase as a HC.

It's ground hog season again... We're 2 drafts away...

If we're gonna fail, we should fail big and run with the young dudes with an eye towards the future.

I'm sick and tired of the cut and paste roster crap.

Just REBUILD and take your lumps because the roster needs a lot of work.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

I believe big questions on the offensive line is an overstatement. There is no question about whom will be the day one starting line. You saw them last night unless Pouncey is healthy for Seattle.

I can understand being worried that Albert may not hold up. I can understand questioning Bushrod's and James's abilities within the rushing attack. Big questions I do not see. Finally, there is an offensive line that will not get RT killed.

Agreed with Armando, this season is not one I can predict at all, and a lot of guys need to stay healthy.
I do like watching Gase call plays though. I think we look more like an NFL offense now than we have for years.

I agree that it is difficult to predict this season, and that is a good thing. This team may be competitive, and it is possible they will be the same. I doubt it, but it is possible. I believe there is a good job that they are better than a 6-10 team, but I am not ready to predict they are better than 6-10.

I believe big questions on the offensive line is an overstatement. There is no question about whom will be the day one starting line. You saw them last night unless Pouncey is healthy for Seattle.

I can understand being worried that Albert may not hold up. I can understand questioning Bushrod's and James's abilities within the rushing attack. Big questions I do not see. Finally, there is an offensive line that will not get RT killed.

At this point with recurring hip problems Pouncey's career is a question mark. His replacement certainly is a question mark. Albert is on the back end of his career and his dependability is certainly a question mark. The solution @RG is certainly a question mark since we have a band aide solution in place for now. Other than that, the entire OL is still a question mark in terms of their coming together as a unit. And last, given the performance, or lack thereof this unit has consistently demonstrated in recent years, I have to question the basic architecture for fundamental soundness.

Let's see if ALL these question marks, and more, are answered positively by the end of the season!?

I highly doubt it. Just being real...

BNF.

O-line needs to be good, not just decent or whatever, GOOD, pass pro and run blocking. And Tennhill has to play his ass off. The defense will match up some weeks and some not, but the offense needs to score on teams every week and put the pressure on.

First article I've read of Mando's that didn't annoy the hell out of me (haven't read many, however). He's got it pretty much covered with the exception of leaving out the LBs (though they did look a lot better against the Falcons, still...pre-season). It would appear we have the OL fixed as far as protection goes...but that will be largely wasted if they can't run block. HAVE to be able to run the ball in this league, or you're severely handicapping your passing game.

The way I see it is:

1. TEs will continue to kill us in the middle. Our TEs need to step up also.
2. Secondary is over-matched if skilled receivers (Watkins, Marshall, Edelman = 6 games).
3. Crossing my fingers on health...we're scant few injuries away from being a 3 win team.

Those are my primary concerns anyway. I expect the offense to produce better than it has since they got Tannehill...but the defense could be SO bad...could be.

look, we're not winning AFCE... we'll work offense this year, defense next... if the right QB is draft available and we have the op, we should take him.. 2018-19 sesson looks like the come up

Pretty much sums it up. Who the hell knows...

but one thing is for sure, it won't look the same.....and that is win for me. Who in their right mind would expect a 6-10 team to turn in to a 13-3 team with so much changing? If you do then you are an idiot and deserve the complete let down. If we are a 9 win team then that would be HUGE!! You couldn't ask for more of a positive move in the right direction than that.

on a side note....I don't know about 50, but don't be surprised if RT throws in the 40 TD range this year. Gase is turning him in to a gunslinger, and he looks ready, willing and more than able.

Hopefully he turns him into a POINT slinger. Yds are great, but without scoring, it means diddly. The points are whats lacking and POINTS are what wins games, playoffs and championships. What has to DRASTICLY improve is tanny in the redzone where 90% of points are made.

Back
Top Bottom