Armando's recap of Bears game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando's recap of Bears game

I don't care about much of anything that happened in the 2nd half of the game, I was personally more interested in how the linebackers and offensive line looked in the first half:

1) We may have found an answer in the starting linebacker group. Jenkins was great as usual and Mccain looked quite strong as well, I was shocked about just how good Sheppard looked. It was only one half but I was quite pleased with the group as a whole.

2) Dallas Thomas has found his place on this team. I have never understood all the hatred for this kid on the forum here. He has been tossed all over the line when it was quite obvious from day 1 that he is a guard and not a tackle. He had a good night and didn't make any noticeable mistakes, once he is sandwiched between Albert and Pouncey he will be just fine. The kid is a player and I will keep saying that.

3) Billy Turner had a good night in an extended showing. He is young, he is powerful, and he is raw. He has to work on his technique a bit yet and still has some positioning issue at times but he held his own and only had the 1 holding penalty.

This night couldn't have gone any better for the things I was looking at. We won't be signing Mathis as our guards are playing just fine, let this group grow together and they will impress this year. I am hopeful that Sheppard will grow into our Starting MLB this year, I simply can't count on Misi being there....

Agree that we can't count on Misi, not sure we have seen enough from Sheppard especially in pass coverage to say he can man the MLB spot. If the Oline can come together and we can get decent LB play should have a really competitive team.

Back
Top Bottom