Armon Binns? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armon Binns?

Dolfan Dave

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to him being the Fins #5 receiver last year until he got hurt. Thought he was going to be very good in the slot.

Any one have any insight on him?

He is unsigned and is an exclusive rights free agent according to this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/afc-east-free-agency-update/

Unsigned: WR Armon Binns (exclusive rights); OT Tyson Clabo; S Chris Clemons; QB Pat Devlin (restricted); LB Jonathan Freeny (exclusive rights); G Richie Incognito; G John Jerry; TE Dustin Keller; OT Bryant McKinnie; WR Marlon Moore; CB Christopher Owens; LB Austin Spitler; CB R.J. Stanford (restricted; no tender); G Danny Watkins (restricted; no tender); OT Will Yeatman (restricted; no tender).

Rotoworld shows his contract for 2014 would be $495,000.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6827/armon-binns

We will give him a look, and maybe keep him for camp pending a strong recovery from his injury I would think. I'm also interested to see how Keller and Gibson have healed.

He is unsigned and is an exclusive rights free agent according to this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/afc-east-free-agency-update/

Rotoworld shows his contract for 2014 would be $495,000.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6827/armon-binns
The Dolphins tendered him, but he hasn't signed it yet. He will, doesn't have much of a choice. Either he plays for the Dolphins or sits out the year. Same goes for Freeny.

I did read a few days ago that Devlin supposedly signed his tender.

I was really looking forward to him being the Fins #5 receiver last year until he got hurt. Thought he was going to be very good in the slot.

Any one have any insight on him?

You do not want to go through the season counting on that guy, he is glass doll soft. He was cut in cincy because of injuries and I believe we didn't draft a big WR last year because they were counting on him
. Good but injury prone...too risky.

All the more reason to give him the shot Fisi. Yeah he gets hurt a lot but he isn't supposed to be our number 1 or 2 but our number 5. Bring him to camp again and see what he can do.

Isn't he the guy that had the dropsies when he did get on the field for us 2 years back? I could be mixing him up w someone else but I seem to recall a sure-TD drop and a key 3rd down drop in a game. I like Matthews - he's the big guy we need to see take it to the next level.

Isn't he the guy that had the dropsies when he did get on the field for us 2 years back? I could be mixing him up w someone else but I seem to recall a sure-TD drop and a key 3rd down drop in a game. I like Matthews - he's the big guy we need to see take it to the next level.
He dropped a sure touchdown against the Patriots in Week 17. Not sure if he had any other major drops, but that is the one I remember. Can't hold that against him two seasons later as all WRs drop passes from time to time, even the sure handed ones. Hartline catches almost everything thrown his way, but drops the occasional easy pass.

Binns was an OTA and mini camp star last season, and was looking good early in training camp. Of course that doesn't always translate to the regular season, but he was actually giving Gibson a pretty good run as the #3 last season before his injury. He might not make the final roster, but he is a good player to have in camp for competition.

He dropped a sure touchdown against the Patriots in Week 17. Not sure if he had any other major drops, but that is the one I remember. Can't hold that against him two seasons later as all WRs drop passes from time to time, even the sure handed ones. Hartline catches almost everything thrown his way, but drops the occasional easy pass.

Binns was an OTA and mini camp star last season, and was looking good early in training camp. Of course that doesn't always translate to the regular season, but he was actually giving Gibson a pretty good run as the #3 last season before his injury. He might not make the final roster, but he is a good player to have in camp for competition.
Good stuff. Admittedly, I don't know anything about him. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom