Arms Race in AFC East? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arms Race in AFC East?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Would it surprise anyone if every team in the AFC East took a quarterback with their first pick in the draft?

The Jets signed Bridgewater for one year, but they need a long-term solution. Picking at #6, they currently are in the best position of the AFC East teams to get one of the top four quarterbacks.

Buffalo just traded to move up to #12 and rumors abound that the Bills are looking to move into the top five to get a quarterback. That makes sense for them and they have the picks to make some noise.

Miami has Tannehill coming back from injury, but he's been a mid-level quarterback recently being ranked near bottom third by NFL.com. Sitting at #11 do the Dolphins trade up or see who falls to that spot?

The Patriots have Brady, but he's 40. They traded Garoppolo and need to find a young quarterback to groom behind Brady.

NE won’t, and I don’t have confidence that Miami has either the desire or the wherewithal to get it done. Buffalo and NY certainly will and that’s not good news for Miami (or NE, but they don’t have to worry about it until Brady retires).

I think the las time all 4 teams drafted a QB in the 1st round was 1983...hopefully like 1983 we come out on top.
What a class that was. 4 of the 6 QBs taken in the 1st round led their teams to at least 1 SB. Blackledge and O’Brien had their moments. Problem for all of these guys is they were all taken by AFC teams during an era where the AFC just couldn’t match up to the NFC (too big and physical). Shame. Marino should have a ring and so should Kelly.

I just don't see us having the ammo to move up. I have a feeling the first 4 Qbs are going very early, perhaps all gone by the 6-7 range. Unless we somehow throw a player into the trade, we don't have the picks to get up there.

I'm just waiting to hear "The Miami Dolphins have excitedly signed Salena Gomez "to a multi million dollar deal to replace recently released Lawrence Timmons.
This team is Fubar..

Dolphins IMO will be dead last in the Division for years to come.

If the team is going to suck this season anyway, why the hell do we have to get a qb this draft? We will be picking top 10 next year anyway....let things play out and worry about it next year if the team is bad enough

NE won’t, and I don’t have confidence that Miami has either the desire or the wherewithal to get it done. Buffalo and NY certainly will and that’s not good news for Miami (or NE, but they don’t have to worry about it until Brady retires).
'Wherewithal' - word of the day, I love it!

If Miami doesn't move up for a QB they very well could move back and pick Jackson in round 1. One thing is for sure Gase will not allow his team to face the same problem from last season. He can't just sign some vet backup and hope Tannehill doesn't get reinjured. He'll do everything he can to be prepared this season.

Unfortunately, I think the Jets have their future qb in Bridgewater. I see a long term deal getting done there in the future.

Back
Top Bottom