Arms Race in AFC East? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arms Race in AFC East?

Dolphins IMO will be dead last in the Division for years to come.

This better not be the Gase! We invested heavily in a young bright head coach to turn this thing around ASAP!!! I will not sit on the sideline idly while this team sucks and implodes. All of you Floridians ought to be at Hard Rock protesting "The Suck".

Unfortunately, I think the Jets have their future qb in Bridgewater. I see a long term deal getting done there in the future.
I hope this happens, but they signed him to one year. Is it a smokesceen to get another player, or make teams trade up to their spot for a QB? Not sure, but their fans are screaming for a real long term solution there. We have more than a month to go to find out. It's gonna suck waiting that long!

What a class that was. 4 of the 6 QBs taken in the 1st round led their teams to at least 1 SB. Blackledge and O’Brien had their moments. Problem for all of these guys is they were all taken by AFC teams during an era where the AFC just couldn’t match up to the NFC (too big and physical). Shame. Marino should have a ring and so should Kelly.
Blackledge didn't have a moment. He was terrible and the only one in the class of '83 to be a bust. Marino, Elway, and Kelly were great. O'Brien was very good. Eason was okay.

No ammo to move up and I'll eat my hat if Mayfield drops to 11. Buffalo controls the cards here and could move as high as 2 or 3 to get their guy. Jets sitting there at 6 with a good chance to grab one. NE maybe 2nd round.

If Miami doesn't move up for a QB they very well could move back and pick Jackson in round 1. One thing is for sure Gase will not allow his team to face the same problem from last season. He can't just sign some vet backup and hope Tannehill doesn't get reinjured. He'll do everything he can to be prepared this season.

If Miami is set on drafting a promising qb and the price to move up for Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen would be too steep and no one of them is there to be had at 11 moving back for Lamar Jackson and getting additional picks does sound very interesting.

I hope this happens, but they signed him to one year. Is it a smokesceen to get another player, or make teams trade up to their spot for a QB? Not sure, but their fans are screaming for a real long term solution there. We have more than a month to go to find out. It's gonna suck waiting that long!
I believe Bridgewater is their long term solution, I think he's going to do well.

We can't control what other teams do so we have to have our board and our game plan. If the plan is to try and go up to get Mayfield then be ready to deal and pull the trigger. Maybe we should sit tight and let the draft come to us. If either Mayfield, Nelson or Smith end up being the pick it's a victory. Of course, anyone can drop on draft day so there is no telling how it will shake out.

Someone photo shop Mayfield wearing a gas mask with a bong attached to it...may be the only way we get him...unless we pay a king's ransom for years to come.

Apparently the Fins/Baker dinner never happened & Gase & co. skipped his Pro Day.

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 19m19 minutes ago

Dolphins originally planned on having a decent contingent here at Baker’s Pro Day, but they ultimately did not. Gase and others stayed home to focus on free agency. I didn’t see Grier or Tannenbaum, either. And no dinner with Baker last night, as had been suggested elsewhere.

Apparently the Fins/Baker dinner never happened & Gase & co. skipped his Pro Day.

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 19m19 minutes ago

Dolphins originally planned on having a decent contingent here at Baker’s Pro Day, but they ultimately did not. Gase and others stayed home to focus on free agency. I didn’t see Grier or Tannenbaum, either. And no dinner with Baker last night, as had been suggested elsewhere.
no+soup+for+you.jpg

Blackledge didn't have a moment. He was terrible and the only one in the class of '83 to be a bust. Marino, Elway, and Kelly were great. O'Brien was very good. Eason was okay.
Todd was the definitely the weakest of the lot. Agree w the ordering - it’s basically same thing I’m saying. And Eason still helped his team to a SB none the less.

Back
Top Bottom