Armstead house for sale | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead house for sale

If he retires, does any money count against the cap?

Maybe his wife wants to live on the ocean?? People flip their homes all the time, it's usually to get a bigger one!! He's not going anywhere!! I just wish we had him for a few more games.

If he retires, does any money count against the cap?

We’d get charged the dead cap which is 24 million which would be our absolute worse scenario unless he agreed to rework the deal but at his current rate, retirement especially pre June 1st would be a nightmare as we’d owe more than his cap hit of 20 million next year. There is no solution for next year as we are paying him either way so just have to pray he wants to play and stays healthy. I suppose Miami can rework his contract again if he wants to retire in 2025 and trim his 2024 salary down to like 13 million fully guaranteed then 2025 down to like 10 with the mutual agreement he’ll retire and Miami will eat the 2025 salary.

We’d get charged the dead cap which is 24 million which would be our absolute worse scenario unless he agreed to rework the deal but at his current rate, retirement especially pre June 1st would be a nightmare as we’d owe more than his cap hit of 20 million next year. There is no solution for next year as we are paying him either way so just have to pray he wants to play and stays healthy. I suppose Miami can rework his contract again if he wants to retire in 2025 and trim his 2024 salary down to like 13 million fully guaranteed then 2025 down to like 10 with the mutual agreement he’ll retire and Miami will eat the 2025 salary.

Curious on retirement and guaranteed base salary. He was on the roster in 2023(obviously) so that kicked in the trigger for the guaranteeing the 5mil base.
But, if he retires, I wonder if the team can appeal the guaranteed base salary cap hit. IIRC they can go after the prorated signing bonus.
If he's cut, prior to J1st, the guaranteed salary is applied to the dead cap hit, so 24mil.
If traded prior to June 1st, 19mil dead cap, as the guaranteed salary will be stuck on the next team.
2024 is the last year with fully guaranteed money. The dead cap that would remain is purely from the prorated & restructuring signing bonuses that were already paid to him.

It would be good if his plan was to use the proceeds from the sale to purchase a new body.

Back
Top Bottom