Armstead or Collins? Who got the better player? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead or Collins? Who got the better player?

xSxPxHx

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Who do you guys think got the better deal? I heard Collins has character issues with injury and Armstead with leadership abilities and also injury. What gives?

FINS UP!

Saints Football Thumbs Up GIF by New Orleans Saints

I mean Armstead is a top 5 LT when healthy. Collins is a RG/RT. When healthy he is certainly a top 5 RT. Traditionally speaking, RT were guys who couldn’t cut it as blindside protectors in the NFL. By that logic, Armstead is probably “better”. That being said, they are both good players.

i don't think La'el Collins as a player is in the same league as Terron Armstead.

Terron Armstead is more Tyron Smith when Tyron was dominating at LT for Dallas.

no idea how it all shakes out down the road with injury and character and leadership, but as a player Armstead is light years better than Collins.

The better player is easily Armstead. The issue with him of course is his injury history.

Collins on the other hand is a bad character guy who is one failed drug test from at least a years suspension and he has had his own injuries to deal with over the past two seasons.

Eh at this point in a vacuum dolphins got the better player. Collins has/had a lazy history in Lsu. Then with the cowboys there was rumors of him being out of shape for TC. And lately his injury history/stupidity has caused him to miss quite a few games. So it’s not like Collins is a iron man.

I'm just wondering if Collins was signed instead of Armstead, what would the comments look like.
I mean if Miami had signed him I wouldn’t have been upset. But Collins wasn’t going to fix everything on the O-line. The fact that Miami’s O-line is sooooo bad makes any O-line guy from the outside look that much better than what they really are.

Before FA I listed Armstead on my wish list, but I was never all that excited about Collins. I think they both come with concerns. Injury concern with Armstead and suspension concerns with Collins. The reason Armstead was and is my preference is fit. I see him as a perfect fit for the offense I expect McDaniel to run. In fact, I'd probably list him only behind Trent Williams in terms of fit for Miami.

I’d rather Armstead’s vet leadership over Collin’s. I think Armsteads character and style of play fits this team perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom