Armstead or Collins? Who got the better player? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead or Collins? Who got the better player?

I mean Armstead is a top 5 LT when healthy. Collins is a RG/RT. When healthy he is certainly a top 5 RT. Traditionally speaking, RT were guys who couldn’t cut it as blindside protectors in the NFL. By that logic, Armstead is probably “better”. That being said, they are both good players.
Bias aside, I dont think anyone in the league would consider Collins a top 5 RT.

I think a lot of dolphin fans are overestimating Collins for some reason. Armstead was the number one overall free agent.
It's because he was an unexpected drop into free agency at a position of importance. People immediately got excited that this new player was available. He's not the talent that Armstead is, it's not even close. Armstead can be one of the best players in the NFL when he's healthy.

It's because he was an unexpected drop into free agency at a position of importance. People immediately got excited that this new player was available. He's not the talent that Armstead is, it's not even close. Armstead can be one of the best players in the NFL when he's healthy.
Yes and we got a great deal! I thought Armstead would cost $20 mil +

72 is a stud. Keep him healthy. If our qb threw right handed .......he still gets the nod over Collins. Arm stead is a mauler. I wish he could protect Tua’s blind side

How Tua feels this evening!!!

So Excited Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Im a big believer in character, I love collins games when he is motivated but there are a lot of red flags about him and these type of guys don’t get better with age . Armstead is a good OLT but is 30 with an Injury .history . It’s going to come down to 5/75 vs 3/30 the respective contracts .

I’m curious how the ok will shape up with Arm and Connor now ….I’m wondering if AJ moves to ORT ……

I'm just wondering if Collins was signed instead of Armstead, what would the comments look like.
I don’t know about others on here but I was posting all along that I had zero interest in the Dolphins signing Collins. So I’m happy they lost interest in him and signed Armstead instead.

Bias aside, I dont think anyone in the league would consider Collins a top 5 RT.
It’s hard to determine a legitimate way to decide how good players are. Even if you could, it wouldn’t necessarily mean much as he has missed a ton of time and been suspended in recent years. In 2019 he outplayed Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin earning himself a nice contract extension and a 4th overall ranking at OT from PFF. He missed all of 2020. His 80.2 overall grade in 2021 would most likely put him in the top 10 for all OT. Personally, I think Armstead is better, but I don’t think Collins is as bad as some posters are trying to make out.

It’s hard to determine a legitimate way to decide how good players are. Even if you could, it wouldn’t necessarily mean much as he has missed a ton of time and been suspended in recent years. In 2019 he outplayed Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin earning himself a nice contract extension and a 4th overall ranking at OT from PFF. He missed all of 2020. His 80.2 overall grade in 2021 would most likely put him in the top 10 for all OT. Personally, I think Armstead is better, but I don’t think Collins is as bad as some posters are trying to make out.
I haven't been a fan of Collins ever since the whole draft fiasco and signing with the Cowboys. I can't believe no team used a 7th round pick on the guy to call his bluff.

Back
Top Bottom