Armstead Putting On A Clinic At OL Masters Show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead Putting On A Clinic At OL Masters Show

I have Armstead as my #1 player pick-up of the off-season (Hill is a close second). I had improving the OL as my #1 priority and that accomplishment that would have the biggest impact on the team. Improving that will affect Tua, the pass game, the run game and the defense.

I always felt that the posts calling for five new OL were naive and just ignorant about how FA works. I felt that if we could get two studs and a draft OL, that was the best we could reasonably hope for. (We could add another lesser FA later, but it's unlikely to be a premium FA).

I believe we have some OL talent in house, but not only were they not coached to maximize their ability, they were actually being coached in ways that prevented them from using their ability due to the techniques being taught and the positions they were using them.

Armstead was a great pick-up not just b/c he's arguably one of the top three Ts for this system, but also b/c of his leadership and what he brings as a coach on the field and in the locker room. Our OL would be improved even if he never stepped foot in a game.

(This is not to diminish the impact of McD and the rest of the coaching staff. I would rate McD as the #1 pick-up overall).

I have Armstead as my #1 player pick-up of the off-season (Hill is a close second). I had improving the OL as my #1 priority and that accomplishment that would have the biggest impact on the team. Improving that will affect Tua, the pass game, the run game and the defense.

I always felt that the posts calling for five new OL were naive and just ignorant about how FA works. I felt that if we could get two studs and a draft OL, that was the best we could reasonably hope for. (We could add another lesser FA later, but it's unlikely to be a premium FA).

I believe we have some OL talent in house, but not only were they not coached to maximize their ability, they were actually being coached in ways that prevented them from using their ability due to the techniques being taught and the positions they were using them.

Armstead was a great pick-up not just b/c he's arguably one of the top three Ts for this system, but also b/c of his leadership and what he brings as a coach on the field and in the locker room. Our OL would be improved even if he never stepped foot in a game.

(This is not to diminish the impact of McD and the rest of the coaching staff. I would rate McD as the #1 pick-up overall).
He's a beast and basically a player coach. He and MCD's staff are going to get a lot out of the OL players. They have real coaching now.

Loving this years potential with having guys like Hill and Armstead both guys that have been near the top year in and year out. Great to hear how receptive theyā€™ve been to younger guys offering their knowledge. Letā€™s just hope it translates to the field but it certainly canā€™t hurt to have two guys that they atleast know what they are doing. Last year was brutal not having any players or coaches with much of a clue of consistent nfl success.

Has a LT ever been in consideration for MVP? Let alone won one.

This is how important an acquisition GRYPHONK thinks Armstead could be or is.

He is a rare talent, that even if he is unable to play, he still manages to help the team get better in some way i.e. coaching.

Think about it. Last year who did the guys have to learn from or talk to. Liam, A Jax and Davis would just scoff at each other if they offered advice.

Davis- can teach how to get your QB hurt.
A jax- can teach how to block while sitting on your butt
Liam- can teach how to deal, emotionally, with your coach playing you at EVERY position EXCEPT the one you said you felt most comfortable playing.
Dieter- can teach how to produce some sweet hair
Hunt- can teach how average play on a historically bad line makes you look like a GOD. I kid I kid, I like Hunt. Truly think he'll be special.

I agree with this and I do think he has a chance to be our most impactful pickup as well. I'd probably call him and Hill equal though.

Mainly because of injuries but also because they need eachother to function at their highest level.

If we have Armstead but not Hill there could be issues with getting open plus we may end up forcing a lot of balls to Waddle.

If we have Hill but not Armstead, we may not have enough time for plays to develop regardless of how open our guys are.

I really see them as equally important pieces to the offense.

Love the signing, however he plays the exact opposite side of Tuaā€™s blind side which currently has one of the worst OTs in the entire league. Awesome for the run game, mediocre for the passing game. Huge upgrade though.

I agree with this and I do think he has a chance to be our most impactful pickup as well. I'd probably call him and Hill equal though.

Mainly because of injuries but also because they need eachother to function at their highest level.

If we have Armstead but not Hill there could be issues with getting open plus we may end up forcing a lot of balls to Waddle.

If we have Hill but not Armstead, we may not have enough time for plays to develop regardless of how open our guys are.

I really see them as equally important pieces to the offense.
I have Armstead slightly higher b/c I really like what we have catching the ball with Waddle, Wilson, Gesicki and Edmonds. I think people are sleeping on Wilson. Like Hill and Waddle, Wilson was also among the league leaders in getting separation. When he was pressed into the starting role in Dallas last year he looked like he belonged there. Arguably, he often looked like their best WR. I was just watching the Brett Khollman/EJ preview and they were saying that they had Wilson rated about equal with Tyler Boyd. I don't think people realize how good of a signing that was.

What I was surprised about with Hill is the example he provides with how hard he works in practice. Reports from OTAs are rife with comments about how fast Hill practices, moves from drill to drill, etc. Stuff like that pushes other players to try and match him. That's invaluable and raises the effort of everyone around him.

Back
Top Bottom