Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract

Grier has been so bad in FA. I think in 5 years the only guys that have outperformed their contract is Mosterd and that was clearly a McDaniel guy and Long. Then you have guys like armstead, Cedric Wilson, will Fuller, Jones the cb etc.. who haven’t been worth a fraction of what they were paid

Grier has been so bad in FA. I think in 5 years the only guys that have outperformed their contract is Mosterd and that was clearly a McDaniel guy and Long. Then you have guys like armstead, Cedric Wilson, will Fuller, Jones the cb etc.. who haven’t been worth a fraction of what they were paid
Mario Williams was another bad contract I hated.

I think this has to do with freeing up money so we can keep Hunt or Van Ginkle. I'd love to keep both, we need both imo.

Not going to put down guys who don't restructure, but Armstead has always been known as a team player. I wonder if that could clear enough room to maybe bring back Van Ginkel. Some late magic needed to keep a few guys!

The problem with FA is most contracts will turn out to be not worth it if you're going for top talent.

You're unlikely to get multiple David Long contracts.

In order to get a top FA you are almost AUTOMATICALLY willing to over pay for their services. Look at Wilkins. Whoever signs him will most likely overpay.

If we ever expect Grier to get a top FA we gotta also realize and accept that he will have to overpay.

Wynn/ Long/ Mostert Elliot are some recent FA deals that have been ok to good FA deals.

Nothing Chris Jones does in the next 5 years will justify that contract.

The only real position, in the end, you can say was worth the investment is the QB position. If Miami/ Chargers or Bengals win 1 SB then those contracts were worth it. No other player on any team can you say was worth that huge contract.

Just GRYPHONK'S humble opinion.

Not going to put down guys who don't restructure, but Armstead has always been known as a team player. I wonder if that could clear enough room to maybe bring back Van Ginkel. Some late magic needed to keep a few guys!

If this restructure brings back Van Ginkle or Hunt. Even if it's a kick the can down the road deal, I'm all for it

Can they restructure a deal to prepare for retirement soon? Can they make it lucrative now so that next year or the year after it doesn't hurt so much??
It already doesn't hurt much if he retires next year. I think this is part of it. They may be moving up some money for him now to retire after a certain date next year where we can post June cut him and spread out the hit. I'm only guessing here though.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2025, 3 YR, $47,664,112; $12,717,500 DEAD CAP​

It already doesn't hurt much if he retires next year. I think this is part of it. They may be moving up some money for him now to retire after a certain date next year where we can post June cut him and spread out the hit. I'm only guessing here though.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2025, 3 YR, $47,664,112; $12,717,500 DEAD CAP​

This is EXACTLY my guess... they are just moving the money around a bit.
I doubt if TA is giving up much... maybe a small amount, just so he can hang on one more year.

Fwiw, the Eagles did something similar to this as well. Assumedly knowing he was going to retire.

Back
Top Bottom