Around the horn: Jacksonville/ Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the horn: Jacksonville/ Miami

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
They have a segment titled Jax/Mia comming up here in about 5 minutes. If anyone wants to watch, tune in to ESPN RIGHT NOW!

Mariotti playing the "I don't trust Joey" card. Typical sports writer.

Here's a quick summary:

Jim Armstrong called us the "RESURGENT" Miami Dolphins and that we have been a differnt team since the BYE week. He also said, NEWSFLASH! They aren't winning because of Joey Harrington but because our defense is lights out. He said he LOVES the Dolphins in this one.

Mariotti said it will be tough without our star runner Ronnie Brown and that he doesn't trust Joey and he'll take the Jags.

For the record, Armstorng got the point so I guess Reali likes us too. Not a very good piece and nothing new, but it's nice to see a little love.

I don't see how you criticize the running game without Ronnie. I know it was against the Lions, so take it with a grain of salt, but 12 carries 91 yards I believe for Sammy. Pretty good.

This game will show what we truly are made of. The offense will need to be more than average to beat this team..they did just lose to buffalo which shows a big amount of inconsistency from their offense..We have a great shot of winning

Benched said:
Mariotti playing the "I don't trust Joey" card. Typical sports writer.
I don't trust Joey either.

Dolfan_Noles said:
I don't see how you criticize the running game without Ronnie. I know it was against the Lions, so take it with a grain of salt, but 12 carries 91 yards I believe for Sammy. Pretty good.

One huge run is what made that though, it wasnt a consistant attack.

His run was what like 55 yards? And another 7-8 yarder where he fumbled.

Thats 62 yards on two carries (where it was mostly blocking, fresh legs and a tired defense) and thats 29 yards on 10 carries aside from that. (if I have my numbers right

Dolfan_Noles said:
There is no doubt there is a pretty big dropoff from Ronnie to Morris. Brown was well on his way to a nice game before the injury. Morris has shown to be solid in the past, but Ronnie gives you a whole other dimension. I don't think we will be able to run much on Jax anyway though and will have to rely on the passing game.

Rebar71 said:
I don't trust Joey either.
My point was its a safe card for a sports writer to play when giving reasons on why they don't like a certain player.

Mariotti is never sold on anybody unless you can dominate games.

elite14eva said:
as long as joey plays mistake free football we'll win.

We're going to have to put the game in Joey's hands unless Morris comes out and shocks the heck out of us. Sammy is a stable back up but that's about it. So anticipate Joey making a few mistakes. Perfection hasn't existed since 1972. Our defense just has to play like the monsters they became 4 weeks ago. That and a solid game from Harrington should be enough to seal the deal.

Back
Top Bottom