Around the Horn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the Horn

Shamboubou

THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!
Reaction score
Just watching on ESPN and the question was who will win more games as a starter this year. Brees or Fiedler. Plashkai or however you spell it said Brees because he has a running back. Jay Mariotte (spell??) said the dolphins are going to win 9 or 10 games this season because of our Marty Booker, Chambers, and McMichael, when they said Booker they where being smart and where like whoa watch out Marty Booker. The host dont quite remember who he is started laughing at him after he said the dolphins where going to win that many games.

I really hope that we come from nowhere this year and do something really good. I'm really about sick of the Media anymore putting the Dolphins down. This year I think really has gotten me more pumped about a season than any other.

5 days till kickoff.

Plaschke (I think) and Marrioti... yeah that show's crazy most of the time.

think of it this way, each year the pick us to win...and we fail...now this year there is no pressure of living up to the media hype so maybe we will win.

One guy is from Boston, one is from Ny, one from Chicago and one from LA, tell me what do these putzes know about the Fins?

Hellion said:
One guy is from Boston, one is from Ny, one from Chicago and one from LA, tell me what do these putzes know about the Fins?
Mariotti usually knows what he's talking about, I had no idea he had any respect for the Phins. Woody Paige, as dumb as he is, cracks me up on that show.

phinatik7 said:
Mariotti usually knows what he's talking about, I had no idea he had any respect for the Phins. Woody Paige, as dumb as he is, cracks me up on that show.
no, Mariotti is a homer...loves the Bears, Bulls, Cubbies, etc...Booker was a bear...so there ya go

Mariotti is no homer...at least compared to Woody. He does seem to either be glowingly optimistic or deadly pessimistic about Chicago teams, though.

Anyway, wouldn't a homer be all about cutting down Booker and pumping up Wale?

Jimmy James said:
Mariotti is no homer...at least compared to Woody. He does seem to either be glowingly optimistic or deadly pessimistic about Chicago teams, though.

Anyway, wouldn't a homer be all about cutting down Booker and pumping up Wale?
not if he was upset about seeing him go...that's the only good/great receiver the bears have had for a long time

Honestly, who really cares what they think or say. We have more weapons now then we did when we were making the playoffs without Ricky.

massi20 said:
Honestly, who really cares what they think or say. We have more weapons now then we did when we were making the playoffs without Ricky.

How do you figure that? It seems to me that we gained a WR weapon in Booker and lost one at RB with Williams.

Jimmy James said:
How do you figure that? It seems to me that we gained a WR weapon in Booker and lost one at RB with Williams.

Because with Ricky Williams, we didn't make the playoffs, plain and simple.

massi20 said:
Because with Ricky Williams, we didn't make the playoffs, plain and simple.

:shakeno:

That doesn't mean he wasn't a weapon. He was special in 2002 and above average in 2003.

CirclingWagons said:
no, Mariotti is a homer...loves the Bears, Bulls, Cubbies, etc...Booker was a bear...so there ya go

Mariotti is the furthest from a homer on that show. Ofcourse he is a fan of those teams because he is a writer for the Chicago Tribune, but compared to the others on that show, he is not a homer.

Back
Top Bottom