Around the league | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the league

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Interesting news:
--Clarett eligible to enter the draft pending an appeal by the NFL
--Troy Vincent lobbying hard to go to Carolina in the offseason
--Giants GM ernie acorsi paying a visit to the Henson workout(he's known to have interest in Eli Manning and getting a future QB)
--Warner won't be traded according to martz
--Broncos heading toward cap hell with Portis due a raise (could mean one or two of these FA's wont be re-signed Al Wilson, Ian Gold, and defensive end Bertrand Berry

i know people wanted vincent instead of madison, not going to happen for many reasons, but add this one to the list, he REALLY wants to play in carolina, and will probably take less money to do so.

If clarett enters, how far does he fall? should we consider a late pick on him since hes a LONG time away from being nfl ready, and ricky is taking such a beating, might not be a bad late round investment (but i doubt he comes out if hes gonna go late, probably a moot point)

the more teams at the henson workout, the worse for us since his price can get driven up easily.

HURRAY, no warner

i know people have expressed interest in gold, what about berry to replace ogun if we lose him.

just some interesting things from around the league which may or may not affect the phins

I hope interest in Henson stays low. I think he could be a big Key to a great draft for us especially if we get picks for wally. We could get a dominant lineman, QB and WR all in one year. As for Clarett (sp) if he falls to 5th or so maybe. earlier we have too many other holes like FS (freeman is gone i think). The RDE will be bowens who is following a similar path to Wally. He was injured and seems to be getting his legs back. Gold is interesting but my be $$$$. Therefore I would hope Moore can start with greenwood and jenkins as backups.

I doubt M. Clarett falls passed the 2nd round...way way way too much talent and upside here...if the Fins drafted Cecil the "Diesel" Collins...in the 4th...MC will go before the 3rd round...and he may very well be the top back in the draft!!!

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
--Broncos heading toward cap hell with Portis due a raise (could mean one or two of these FA's wont be re-signed Al Wilson, Ian Gold, and defensive end Bertrand Berry

They aren't heading towards cap hell. The articles today were incorrect on far Denver was over the cap, and they have a ton of flexibility. Two cuts pays for Wilson's franchise tag w/ a few mil to spare, and Portis will get his deal in 2 months after the initial rush of FA signings. Gold will be re-signed, Berry's a crap shoot though he's said he'll take less to stay in Denver.

ill take your word for it since it seems you are a bronco fan, but i had heard rumors of gold being gone before this and portis is already talking hold out, if nothing else, interesting to keep an eye on

Back
Top Bottom