Around the NFL stats. Read this before watching the Tampa Bay game! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the NFL stats. Read this before watching the Tampa Bay game!

vegasphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know it has been echoed nonstop but I must finally concur.

PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING!

I just looked at a lot of stats for todays games (fridays aug 26th) and some from last week. Here is what I found

-Last week Cadillac Williams averaged just over 2 yards per carry.

-Today Roethlisberger threw for less than 50% with an INT.

-Phillip Rivers was under 50% today 4/11.

-The Bills ran Willis 21 TIMES today in a preseason game and STILL LOST!

-Pennington 5/11 2 INT's today against the Giants.

-Favre 9/21 2 INT's/ Aaron rodgers 5/9 1 INT today vs the pats

I share this because if Ronnie has an average of 2 yards per carry tomorrow I don't wanna see the "Ronnie was a waste" threads.

When our qbs have a nasty day in the preseason don't presume to write off the entire 05 season. I know our long term QB problem hasnt been answered but I think Gus will be closer to par than Aj and Jay were.

We are an elaborate puzzle that will be emaculate once put together.

Good post, but there's some people around here who just will not be reasonable about it. I wouldn't necessarily go as far to say that preseason means nothing, but wins and losses is meaningless in preseason. Tonight will be our most important preseason game in my honest opinion, and whether Ronnie Brown averages 2 yards a carry or 10 yards a carry, it's not going to determine how he'll perform during the regular season so I'm not going to get overly excited or overly disappointed, I just want to see him out there on the field.

i thought about throwing some money against us this week, but i didnt have it to play with

claytonAndDuper said:
i thought about throwing some money against us this week, but i didnt have it to play with

welll if you do get the money take miami because the line has moved miami will win this game just wait and see :evil:

483 TAMPA BAY 35½ 34½ 7:30 PMMatchup 484 MIAMI 2 2½/3:evil:

im betting phins -3 today, the juce is at +110 now!

Also the First string Steelers have scored 0 points in the preseason (may have changed last night didn't watch it all)

A Wing Pilot said:
Also the First string Steelers have scored 0 points in the preseason (may have changed last night didn't watch it all)
The starting offense did manage a field goal last night. They had 1 big play on the drive to get the score though (a Willie Parker 51 yard run), so it's not like they moved the ball up the field on a sustained drive. Their offense looks about as bad as ours does (but it's only pre-season).

Gus is closer to par?? :lol: From what I have seen so far.. I honestly have to give the edge to Fiedler in his "glory days".. But there is still time to change that perception.

painnotpleasure said:
Good post, but there's some people around here who just will not be reasonable about it. I wouldn't necessarily go as far to say that preseason means nothing, but wins and losses is meaningless in preseason. Tonight will be our most important preseason game in my honest opinion, and whether Ronnie Brown averages 2 yards a carry or 10 yards a carry, it's not going to determine how he'll perform during the regular season so I'm not going to get overly excited or overly disappointed, I just want to see him out there on the field.

Exactly. I recall RW's first preseason with the Dolphins (the year he rushed for 1800 yds) his numbers were nothing to brag about.

SkapePhin said:
Gus is closer to par?? :lol: From what I have seen so far.. I honestly have to give the edge to Fiedler in his "glory days".. But there is still time to change that perception.

What glory days?
Did Fiedler really impress you in the preseason before DW made him the starter? Why not be fair and compare apples to apples. That is, let's wait until Gus has some regular season games under his belt before giving an edge to Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom