Around the NFL stats. Read this before watching the Tampa Bay game! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the NFL stats. Read this before watching the Tampa Bay game!

OK Roethlisberger is not a good quarterback. He handed the ball off well and made some plays to keep the clock moving and control the game as soon as people learn to break down that O-line on blitzes hes done. Bettis can't do what he did last year and Duce Staley is not an all-star runner not even behind that O-line. They lost Burress watch the Steelers fall off as quick as they took over the top of the Afc last year. If you look at his Roethlisberger stats game by game you can see that the only thing that was consistant is his runnigbacks behind him and his O-line in front of him he wasn't no where near an all-star and I have said this before to people that Roethlisberger is a flash in the pan you can quote it if you want.

wazzy said:
OK Roethlisberger is not a good quarterback. He handed the ball off well and made some plays to keep the clock moving and control the game as soon as people learn to break down that O-line on blitzes hes done. Bettis can't do what he did last year and Duce Staley is not an all-star runner not even behind that O-line. They lost Burress watch the Steelers fall off as quick as they took over the top of the Afc last year. If you look at his Roethlisberger stats game by game you can see that the only thing that was consistant is his runnigbacks behind him and his O-line in front of him he wasn't no where near an all-star and I have said this before to people that Roethlisberger is a flash in the pan you can quote it if you want.
While I will tend to agree that Roethlisberger was a bit over-hyped last year and that many of his weaknesses were revealed in the post season; I wouldn't go as far to say he isn't (or won't be) a good quarterback, or that he is a flash in the pan. There is a reason though, that many die-hard Stiller fans in the 'burgh refer to him as "Worthlessberger".

jlfin said:
What glory days?
Did Fiedler really impress you in the preseason before DW made him the starter? Why not be fair and compare apples to apples. That is, let's wait until Gus has some regular season games under his belt before giving an edge to Fiedler.
I remember Fiedler looking darn good in some preseason games. It was the actual games that he sucked in.

jlfin said:
What glory days?
Did Fiedler really impress you in the preseason before DW made him the starter? Why not be fair and compare apples to apples. That is, let's wait until Gus has some regular season games under his belt before giving an edge to Fiedler.

Frerotte has a rather large resume before him.. a resume' of mediocrity.. Im giving him a chance, but I have seen nothing of him in preseason to make it seem that he has changed his mediocre ways.. Frerotte = Fiedler.. with less mobility and a better arm.. Not sure about the "toughness" yet.

vegasphan said:
-The Bills ran Willis 21 TIMES today in a preseason game and STILL LOST!

:shakeno: Willis running the ball 21 times a preseason game
Is it normal for a starting RB to run that much in the preseason?

wazzy said:
I had the same thoughts when watching the Pittsburgh game. Their defense is great! However, their offense may struggle enough for them to lose several more games this year.

There is a reason though, that many die-hard Stiller fans in the 'burgh refer to him as "Worthlessberger".
I can honestly say I've never heard that phrase from either the 'man on the street' or anyone in the media up here. This town is in love with Big Ben so I don't know where you getting that from. I think you will see some sophomore struggles from him this year and the key to their offense is a dominating run game, but I don't see Ben as a hinderence. Man you guys make him sound like Fiedler.

traditionally, you are correct. However if you looked at the circumstances of those stats and how they were achieved you would see the big picture. the stats alone are misleading.

Favre didn't have his starting OL and some of his starting offense on the field. Rodgers was playing cleanup. Phillip Rivers is a horrible example because he has not yet shown he can play - we still do not know if he can do well in the NFL. Roethlisberger is having growing pains trying to find a receiver to replace Plax... Ward isn't doing but several downs right now. Bettis got injured, and Duce is already injured... their team is built around teh run. WE do not have injuries that are making us perform like this. WE are stinkin' it up for no reason other than lack of talent or chemistry.

When ronnie runs for 2 yards per carry today, i won't be saying "cut ronnie brown" or any crap like that, but i WILL be stating that this is the sign of things to come. You can have the best RB tandem in the world, but it won't mean **** if your OL is the worst in the world.

I will be sure to link BACK to this thread when the season is underway and we are performing the same as we did in the preseason.

SkapePhin said:
Gus is closer to par?? :lol: From what I have seen so far.. I honestly have to give the edge to Fiedler in his "glory days".. But there is still time to change that perception.

Fiedler? glory days :rofl3:

he was talking about now not then lets try to live in the present

vegasphan said:
I know it has been echoed nonstop but I must finally concur.

PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING!

I just looked at a lot of stats for todays games (fridays aug 26th) and some from last week. Here is what I found

-Last week Cadillac Williams averaged just over 2 yards per carry.

-Today Roethlisberger threw for less than 50% with an INT.

-Phillip Rivers was under 50% today 4/11.

-The Bills ran Willis 21 TIMES today in a preseason game and STILL LOST!

-Pennington 5/11 2 INT's today against the Giants.

-Favre 9/21 2 INT's/ Aaron rodgers 5/9 1 INT today vs the pats

I share this because if Ronnie has an average of 2 yards per carry tomorrow I don't wanna see the "Ronnie was a waste" threads.

When our qbs have a nasty day in the preseason don't presume to write off the entire 05 season. I know our long term QB problem hasnt been answered but I think Gus will be closer to par than Aj and Jay were.

We are an elaborate puzzle that will be emaculate once put together.

Thanks for that because that is what i fear as well. Im bracing for the "Fire Saban" threads.

i wont make a thread but i will just say it! ronnie was a waste¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fear-the-d said:
i wont make a thread but i will just say it! ronnie was a waste¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shakeno: Proof? This kid hasent even stepped onto an NFL football field and I am hearing that hes a BUST? This has gotten a little ridiclous.

Back
Top Bottom