article about fiedler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

article about fiedler

Good read, but I think they put him down too much.

While some say he has many 4th qtr comebacks, others will say he has to come back because he put us in that postion with his mistakes.

Jay is our quarterback, like it or not. After him you'll get Lucas, then Sage. Jay has 26 win's in the past 3 seasons. Not bad for some idiot huh?

What's the problem? Some people can deal with reality. They want the old killer bee's and Dan to come back. Well buddies, it ain't gonna happen. We all know that. And yes, I get pissed too when Jay screws up. But lets see any of us jump in the game and do better. While its fine to have expectations, it's stupid to not relate them to reality.

Go Miami Dolphins!

Even if they win the Super Bowl, it'll be 'So what, big deal, he wasn't the reason,' " said Phil Simms, a former NFL quarterback and longtime CBS analyst, about Fiedler earlier this season.

"He will never be accepted into the family. He'll be tolerated at that point, but people will say, 'They don't revolve the team around him.'

Sad isn't it, this guy plays his heart out and he's treated with such disrespect. Makes me sick!

People need to get over Marino, he's retired and there isn't a QB out there today that could fill his shoes.

In todays NFL there are very few teams out there that revolve just around the QB.
For 17 years I watched this franchise revolve around one man and all it got them was one SB apearance his second year.

I still have my Marino jersey, my Marino Pics on the wall, My autographed helmet and my memories of Dan the man but he's retired now and the 2002 Fins are the strongest team I've seen in years and Jay Feidler is part of that team. When I stand back and look at past teams I'll take this years any day.

Do I except Jay? You bet your ass I do. And if they don't win a SB with him he still was a Dolphins QB with a winning record and a chance to win it all every year, just in a different way than Marino did.
And if he dosen't win a SB in Miami he'll stand next to Marino as QBs that never one a SB with Miami.

hey now

Originally posted by IceStorm
Good read, but I think they put him down too much.

While some say he has many 4th qtr comebacks, others will say he has to come back because he put us in that postion with his mistakes.

Jay is our quarterback, like it or not. After him you'll get Lucas, then Sage. Jay has 26 win's in the past 3 seasons. Not bad for some idiot huh?

What's the problem? Some people can deal with reality. They want the old killer bee's and Dan to come back. Well buddies, it ain't gonna happen. We all know that. And yes, I get pissed too when Jay screws up. But lets see any of us jump in the game and do better. While its fine to have expectations, it's stupid to not relate them to reality.

Go Miami Dolphins!

I am one of Fiedler's staunchest supporters...

Re: hey now

Originally posted by FFiB
I am one of Fiedler's staunchest supporters...
<------hey, so am i...
most(not all)of the fans in miami dont deserve a QB like fiedler. he bears no resemblance to his predessecor, physically or athletically. but he plays with grit, determination, and mostly HEART. all he wants to do is win. he doesnt complain about the abuse he recieves from fans(see Tim Couch), and most importantly, HE IS A WINNER!!!!

I wonder if there is anything we can do proactively to turn this around? People tend to be more vocal when they're negative.

i think the biggest reason miami fans hate fiedler are the turnovers that eventually go back to the jets.i really belive its the jets mounted losses that symbolized fiedler. in our worst moments we looked to the man with the ball...and it was fiedler. i am a supporter but had we won those games as we should have...how would things be today?...makes you think.

GO Jay yeah Feidler rules yeah!!! (int) You piece of garbage I hate you you son of a gun you! (runs for td) Yeah Jay is the man woo hoo yes yes yes!!! Thats pretty much what I do and most everyone does with not only Jay Feidler but ost players... Jay aint that bad. People who say he is are probably the glass is half empty type.

Relax...

... you're all HOMERS, hey so am I.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

<------hey, so am i...
most(not all)of the fans in miami dont deserve a QB like fiedler. he bears no resemblance to his predessecor, physically or athletically. but he plays with grit, determination, and mostly HEART. all he wants to do is win. he doesnt complain about the abuse he recieves from fans(see Tim Couch), and most importantly, HE IS A WINNER!!!!

actually....most people in the stadium are not against Fiedler...at least not where I sit or tailgate..so I take that as a good average....

its the minority who is being heard because the majority is too quiet.....

Posted by Hellion:

Even if they win the Super Bowl, it'll be 'So what, big deal, he wasn't the reason,' " said Phil Simms, a former NFL quarterback and longtime CBS analyst, about Fiedler earlier this season.

"He will never be accepted into the family. He'll be tolerated at that point, but people will say, 'They don't revolve the team around him.'

Sad isn't it, this guy plays his heart out and he's treated with such disrespect. Makes me sick!

People need to get over Marino, he's retired and there isn't a QB out there today that could fill his shoes.

In todays NFL there are very few teams out there that revolve just around the QB.
For 17 years I watched this franchise revolve around one man and all it got them was one SB apearance his second year.

I still have my Marino jersey, my Marino Pics on the wall, My autographed helmet and my memories of Dan the man but he's retired now and the 2002 Fins are the strongest team I've seen in years and Jay Feidler is part of that team. When I stand back and look at past teams I'll take this years any day.

Do I except Jay? You bet your ass I do. And if they don't win a SB with him he still was a Dolphins QB with a winning record and a chance to win it all every year, just in a different way than Marino did.
And if he dosen't win a SB in Miami he'll stand next to Marino as QBs that never one a SB with Miami.

I AGREE.........NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!

I hope Jay gets the SuperBowl MVP award, just to piss all the FIN and JAY haters off!!! That would abolutley make my entire year for 2003!! GO JAY!!

Back
Top Bottom