Article: Does Tony Sparano really deserve ALL the heat? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Does Tony Sparano really deserve ALL the heat?

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
After Week 16’s crushing loss to the Detroit Lions it’s become very apparent that the majority of the Dol-Fan nation has turned its back on the Miami coaching staff.

What’s gone wrong in Miami? Ireland’s personnel changes and draft picks while bringing in a number of ex-Cowboy castaways has disappointed many. Dan Henning has been a head-scratcher to say the least at the helm of the offensive play-calling throughout the entire 2010 campaign. Chad Henne, for a lack of a better word, has sucked; plain and simple.

At the top of this food chain (if not hunger strike) lies owner Stephen Ross, Jeff Ireland as the team’s general manager, head coach Tony Sparano and Bill Parcells as the “Executive Vice President of Football Operations”.

Pretty hefty title for a guy who lacked the backbone to stand next to the guys he brought to help turn around an already desperate franchise late in 2007 after a 1-15 season.

When I look at all of the people involved here, I see the billionaire, the guy who decides who’s on the team and who’s not, a former coach who was supposed to be the guiding force of the team originally who completely BAILED on the franchise when things didn’t seem to pan out as planned, and then the head coach, who was left with all of their plans to take the heat for.

I am no advocate for Chad Henne who is clearly one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL, nor am I supporter of Dan Henning’s oddball offensive scheme, but the combination of the two have proven to be of the worst to ever be seen in Miami Dolphins’ history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-sparano-takes-the-heat-after-big-tuna-bails

Yes, Yes he does.

You dont lose to the Browns, Bill and Lions all at home..

You dont lose a 10 point lead with 4 mins to go..

Thats the coaching staff not keeping the players focused.

Losing to the three most pathetic franchises in the NFL...all at ****ing home...is ****ing horrible

No one wants to spend hard earned money watching Morono fist pump and play not to lose.

I agree tony, as the head coach, deserves ALOT if not most of the blame. Henning in my opinion deserves the most but Sparano was the one who continued to allow it to go on and not override Hennings atrocious playcalling. Henne deserves blame as well.

Morano is a old dirty band-aid just rip him off and throw him away!

How do some of these journalists have jobs?

Many just bull**** without watching our games.

The thing is, everything fell into place for us to make the playoffs..Maybe we would have got owned, but the Jets are reeling. The Chargers lose, The Jags lose..

Everything that could have went right for us outside of our own games did..

2 years in a row we collapse in the final games..This is the time when your team needs to be strong..

December home losses are never a good thing but Sparano was not able to keep his players interested. He could not convince them to believe in themseleves.

From Henne to speical teams.

How do some of these journalists have jobs?

Many just bull**** without watching our games.

they write stuff like this so people like us will read it. his story maybe wrong but it will get read more than a typical "sparano should fired" article , because it is controversial.

I'm unlike most fans here who don't like the "philosophy" and "fist pumps." Tony deserves to be fired for one thing only imo: For going to Senior Bowl and being smitten by Pat White, and for going to Senior Bowl and deciding to draft Jared Odrick in first round.

The guy has brain farts when it comes to seeing talent.

As far as philosphy, I agree with his game time decisions. I agree with kicking field goals because field goals are points. I see a coach who passes 35 -45 times a game to take advantage of Bess and Marshall. I'd do the same thing. Unfortunately, he does not have a QB, and the reason he does not have a QB is because they failed in evaluating Matt Ryan. ANd the reason they failed in evaluating Ryan is because they went with the safe pick because they don't trust their own decision making in talent evaluations.

I'm unlike most fans here who don't like the "philosophy" and "fist pumps." Tony deserves to be fired for one thing only imo: For going to Senior Bowl and being smitten by Pat White, and for going to Senior Bowl and deciding to draft Jared Odrick in first round.

The guy has brain farts when it comes to seeing talent.

Tony was not in charge of the draft. So if that is the ONE reason you think he should get fired he stays!

being at the bottom of the league in two out of three phases of the game after three years equalls yes.

Tony was not in charge of the draft. So if that is the ONE reason you think he should get fired he stays!

I can roll with that, to keep him as HC but remove all talent acquisition responsibility.

This franchise needs stability at the head coaching position. Sparano is liked by the players and is a good enough coach, he should be kept. What should really happen is he should be sat down by Ross and told to let Henning and Lee go. He should be mandated to bring in a new, young OC that is aggressive and a new QB coach that has a good rep around the league. The need to find a QB in this draft to develop, preferably Pat Devlin (or someone like that is a good field general with great accuracy). Cam Newton is possiblity, if his mental attitude and work ethic check out. He'll just need more work than someone like Devlin, but his upside is astounding.

Ireland has done a good enough job to be kept as well. He just needs to be told "no more Cowboys' castoffs" and to quit churning the bottom of the roster so much, its killing our special teams play. This regime hasn't done that bad a job of drafting, at least not really any worse than any other organization. Are they Bilichick good? No, but noone else is either.

The fact of the matter is this: If we had a competent QB, we'd be fine with everyone in this organization. Sure we still wouldn't be all that fun to watch, but at least we'd be above .500 every season with the playoffs a possiblity every season. The outdated offensive philosphy would have kept us from winning the Super Bowl.

If Sparano is fired, then hopefully Ross doesn't hire any more retreads. Cowher is just a better Sparano. It took him forever to win a Super Bowl. Gruden to me is the better of the two, but even he's still suspect as a head coach. An up-and-coming offensive coordinator that is hungry ala Sean Payton is the way to go.

Just my .2

I'm shooting for Gruden he built a team in Oakland and won in Tampa. Since we dont have give up two firsts and two seconds like Tampa did to get him maybe his team wont fall apart down the road as it did in Tampa. Keep Nolan and let chucky put a fire under their ***.

Back
Top Bottom