Article For Those Who Dream(ed) of S. Taylor in a Phin Uniform | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article For Those Who Dream(ed) of S. Taylor in a Phin Uniform

Get real

How can you guys be happy that you don't have a player, that is nowhere near close to coming to miami, or that miami didn't have a shot at, in the first place? Is like you are glad that Angelina Jolie is not with you because she's crazier than a nut bar. Get real and leave your prejudices out the door. For the record, i'll take sean taylor faster than a condom in a swingers club.

Canefin said:
How can you guys be happy that you don't have a player, that is nowhere near close to coming to miami, or that miami didn't have had a shot at in the first place? Is like you are glad that Angelina Jolie is not with you because she's crazier than a nut bar. Get real and leave your prejudices out the door. For the record, i'll take sean taylor faster than a condom in a swingers club.

if he was from FSU or UF, you'd probably say the opposite

gonick1 said:
YEA I WANTED HIM ONCE,........AS A ROOKIE, butt I am sick and tired of athletes bringing there sorry gangster mentalitys into sports leave that garbage on the streets where it belongs. NWA IS GONE 2PAC IS GONE WHY WONT U GO AWAY 2?????????????????????????????????????????(not u personally)

I second that!

gonick1 said:
YEA I WANTED HIM ONCE,........AS A ROOKIE, butt I am sick and tired of athletes bringing there sorry gangster mentalitys into sports leave that garbage on the streets where it belongs. NWA IS GONE 2PAC IS GONE WHY WONT U GO AWAY 2?????????????????????????????????????????(not u personally)

some people grow up like that... u cant help it... and ure just whack... u sound corny as hell... lmao...

id love him to play for us still. get him to move to west palm or something not miami. hes still only like 21 or 22 years old. one of the guys he rolls with was a 19 year old kid(according to the paper). he'll grow up someday.

SQuinn17 said:
id love him to play for us still. get him to move to west palm or something not miami. hes still only like 21 or 22 years old. one of the guys he rolls with was a 19 year old kid(according to the paper). he'll grow up someday.

Yea, I also believe that he'll grow up one day...but the question is when? Some people need to get hit really hard by life before waking up and realizing that they need to change. The problem that I find with ST (from a football standpoint) is that a team just spent the 5th overall pick on him, gave him a fat contract (not fat enough for him I guess), and has then behaved in ways that have disrespected his hall of fame coach, and the team that has invested so much in him...not to mention that he has now placed the very future of his NFL career and freedom in danger because of his knuckleheaded/bone headed decision to get macho. Yea, he may grow up alright but let's hope for his sakes that it doesn't come at the cost of his NFL career or personal freedom. Too much of a risk for my taste.

Sean T.

My point is, IF (which he is not) he comes and gives you 12 int's and or becomes an elite menacing safety, you all will be forgetting his character flaws real fast. The only thing that we as fan care is P-R-O-D-U-C-T-I-O-N. Take me, for example. When Ricky left us high n' dry, I didn’t care if OD'd on the hippie lettuce (which is mighty hard if not impossible), now, different story. He gives me 120 yards and a TD or two per game, and I’ll start forgetting pretty quickly how much of a dickwad he is, and so will you; warranted. It is not about integrity and good morals; those are only extra bang for our buck. It is about winning football games.:huh:

Canefin said:
My point is, IF (which he is not) he comes and gives you 12 int's and or becomes an elite menacing safety, you all will be forgetting his character flaws real fast. The only thing that we as fan care is P-R-O-D-U-C-T-I-O-N. Take me, for example. When Ricky left us high n' dry, I didn’t care if OD'd on the hippie lettuce (which is mighty hard if not impossible), now, different story. He gives me 120 yards and a TD or two per game, and I’ll start forgetting pretty quickly how much of a dickwad he is, and so will you; warranted. It is not about integrity and good morals; those are only extra bang for our buck. It is about winning football games.:huh:

Yea, if he would give his team 12 INT's, 120 tackles, 8 forced fumbles and 5 fumble recoveries next year, things will change real fast...the problem is that he's not participating in team activities this offseason, is missing critical information to prepare him for next year, has shown some symptoms that he's a bit hard to coach (previous washington post articles), is causing a ruckous about his contract, won't return his coache's phone calls (or wasn't), there was/is no answer as to when he was planning to come back and then goes out and gets charged with two felony charges and one misdemeanor.

Is it worth investing something significant on a guy who appears like he's about to explode? How can you be sure that this guy is going to help you win football games if he is a big risk of not having his head in the game and/or that his body may be locked up in a state or federal facility in the near future? The article tells me that his machoism and choice of friends influence his decision making for the worse. He's he's own worst enemy. Huge Risk factor. If I'm with a team, I don't try to obtain him till he shows that he's really ready to take some responsibility. IF he shows he's ready to come back and get serious, then yea, what a great player you'd have.

That was more of a book than an article. Still a good read though.
I quit trying to figure out why these high paid famous athletes act so stupid a long time ago. Taylor is a thug wheter some of you want to admit it or not. Only a thug would chase down potential thiefs, twice, with a gun and an army of friends. Why didn't his dumba$$ just call the cops? I could give a crap less about this whole "loyalty" thing because thats just a stupid excuse.
No, I don't want to see Taylor in a Phins uniform. I'd rather see him in standard issue prison clothes.

Sad too because the spoiled brat has a Dad that is a police chief. He knows better.

caneaddict said:
I'm sure he got a scholarship but he still didn't grow up in the hood. I've never been down to Florida City ... anyone on here from there? Can someone familiar with Florida City please let us know if it's 'the hood'.

Florida City has a small "hood" in it, but nothing like Perrine, which is where I live.

Mostly it was a pretty run down town until Hurricaine Andrew flattened the city. The rebuilding of the place, and the new race track has made Florida City one of the fastest growing cities on Florida.

miamirick said:
Dude is a thug. Plain and simple...

And after this article, his mother might even be in trouble. Pitbulls are illegal in Miami-Dade county.

Sean is not a thug at all. Some of his friends are idiots though. Sean is a real good hearted individual, who is letting the money go to his head. He never got into trouble, and was hardly herd from when he played at UM.

I'm telling you this because Sean is good friends with one of my good friends. I have met him, was invited to his draft day party, which was held at my friends place in the Keys. Sean purchased rings for my friends national championship pop warner team, and let me tell you, they look like SB rings, each of them cost a pretty penny, one that most of us could only pay of in payments.

This may end up being a good thing for him though. Hopefully he will learn a leason from this and go back to being his old self.

Right now a lot of his close friends, who are also very good people, are not talking to him because of his recent antics.

BTW, that Pit Bull is actually an American Staford Terrier, which is legal in Dade County

West Perrine is no joke

West Perrine is a low-income, high-crime neighborhood about 16 blocks just south of Miami and less than 20 miles north of Homestead. About 9,000 people, many of them unemployed single parents who receive government assistance, live in the mix of public and private apartment complexes that dominate the area

At the Cutler Ridge police station about four miles away, officers describe West Perrine as a dangerous place, a neighborhood with high rates of drug trafficking and substance abuse, where reports of assault and battery are commonplace. One officer warned a reporter not to venture there because of the risk of crime on certain blocks.

I went to school during the days of segregation, and had the pleasure of attending a school slap in the middle of West Perrine. It used to be a really bad, drug infested place. It still is, but nowhere near like it used to be. I live in East Perrine, just north of Cutler Ridge. I go thru West Perrine all the time, but back in the day, it was a bad risk, now its just a risk. BUT there is one section, which is probably where the officer mentions, that you do not go, not if your caucasion, or just new to the area. Gauranteed your getting robbed, or beat up by more than one person.

I know few people with pits as well. I'd still take Taylor. He's a kid, give him a year or two to wise up. I'd take Winslow's limpin' a$s too.

Back
Top Bottom