Article from Chiefs.com | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article from Chiefs.com

I'd gladly give the Chiefs our 4th if we got theirs back....

It'd only cost them their 1st rather than 2nd too!

They're not in a position of power... they want what we have. We don't have to trade him, we're just trying to see if we can get some value for him. Either they pay what Nick is asking, or they don't get Surtain... it's that simple.

The KC Cheaps are dealing from a disadvantage. I'm tellin' ya, send um Randy Moss highlight clips.... remind them that their nightmare is about to become real... and we have the solution :tongue:

Sean LaChapelle said:
Saban has said he wants a 2cond rounder & now you think it's not enough...wow:shakeno:

Exactly, these people are living in fantasy land, well be lucky to get a 2nd rd pick for Pat at this point. and yes Saban is only asking for a 2nd rounder for him right now!

I have a buddy who is a Chiefs fan who is in flat denial about how Randy Moss is going to rape their defense twice a year for the forseeable future. Every time the topic comes up, he downplays how good Moss really is. It's laughable.

On the other hand, he would give his right arm to get Surtain and is pissed that the sticking point for the deal is a 2nd rounder. He mentioned that he wouldn't be upset if they gave their first. Just one Chiefs fan's perspective.

Gitrdone said:

I'll go one step further, the decision should be whether a 2nd round pick alone is enough for Surtain for all the reasons stated in the article.

I would be royally pissed if that deal was proposed and we didnt' take it.......the Chiefs are the only suitor for Surtain and our team will be better off for this year an dthe forseeable future if we get a 2nd round pick for Surtain......so, if all it takes to get a 2nd is a trade down of 12 spots in the 4th round.....then F'ing do it!!!!

People have to realize that BOTH parties have to feel that they are getting something, so there must be a compromise....Saban gets the 2nd rounder that he supposedly wants.......and Peterson gets a nut too....everybody's happy.

The top players that slip into the second are valuable.....but it's not the same players to the same teams.......Will Poole wasn't a top 3 day 2 pick.....he was 6th. I'm sure the Bucs were more than happy to get Will Allen with the 15th pick in the 4th.....and Mewelde Moore was picked after that. Every team will have different targets at that point and trading down 12 spots in the 4th is NOT a big deal!!!

So let me get this straight, we have to make sure KC feels like their getting something by giving them our early 4th round pick in exchange for their later 4th round pick, along with Surtain for their 2nd rounder? I don't get it, so they don't think their getting something in a Pro-Bowl CB who is one of the five best CBs in the league. Is this like the 4th rounder we gave up this year for Carey?

Just Give Up The Darn Pick

LOOK PATRICK SURTAIN IS A SHUT DOWN CORNER!!! THAT MEANS THROW HIM ON THE OPPONENTS BEST WR AND HES PRETTY MUCH DONE. OR DONT! I DONT CARE. ILL ENJOY WATCHING HIM CONTINUE TO SHUT DOWN EVERYONE IN OUR DIVISION. MOSS WILL RAPE K.C. WITH IMPUNITY.

NUFF SAID:mad: :fire: :yell:

Like I said before on other threads but same topic. At this point Im not even looking to trade w/ KC they pissed me off so bad and made the dolphins feel that they are doing us a favor by trading for Pat. To me I will trade Pat to any other team than KC and hopefully in the afc western division so that they can salivate every time Pat makes an interception.
Just remember we dont really need to get rid of pat. as far as Im concern if theres no serious offer that are going our way then we keep him and tag him next year. I might be a little bias as you can tell he is one of my favorite player but that is just my humble opinion.

unifiedtheory said:
"Nobody asked me, but if the Chiefs and Dolphins reach a standoff, I have a suggestion: the Chiefs give up their second and fourth round picks. In return, they get Surtain and the Dolphins fourth-round pick. That sweetens the pot for the Chiefs, allowing them to move up in the round from the 116th pick to the 104th choice. That’s the third selection in the second day of the draft, a prime spot. Once those first three rounds are completed, every team in the league sits down with their draft board and pinpoints players who have slipped into the second day. That earlier fourth would give the Chiefs some options: another trade to move up or down, or one of the best spots in Day No. 2."

How about no.

They want Pat they give up their second this year and a mid rounder next year or they give up a mid rounder this year and a first next year.

We are sending them a Pro Bowl corner...and that is ALL we will be sending them. We won't be sending them a "compromise" pick.

I'm sick to death of Chief fan or Chief writer acting like they are doing us a favour by taking Pat off our hands. I have news for Chief fan and Chief writer. Pat is under contract for the year. We also have the franchise tag. If you don't want him then don't take him. Sign a crippled Ty Law.

If they don't like it the demands the dolphins have for Pat they can sit down and enjoy the recievers of the AFC West run through, around, over and past their pathetic excuse for a secondary once again....

Well said Unified.

unifiedtheory said:
"Nobody asked me, but if the Chiefs and Dolphins reach a standoff, I have a suggestion: the Chiefs give up their second and fourth round picks. In return, they get Surtain and the Dolphins fourth-round pick. That sweetens the pot for the Chiefs, allowing them to move up in the round from the 116th pick to the 104th choice. That’s the third selection in the second day of the draft, a prime spot. Once those first three rounds are completed, every team in the league sits down with their draft board and pinpoints players who have slipped into the second day. That earlier fourth would give the Chiefs some options: another trade to move up or down, or one of the best spots in Day No. 2."

How about no.

They want Pat they give up their second this year and a mid rounder next year or they give up a mid rounder this year and a first next year.

We are sending them a Pro Bowl corner...and that is ALL we will be sending them. We won't be sending them a "compromise" pick.

I'm sick to death of Chief fan or Chief writer acting like they are doing us a favour by taking Pat off our hands. I have news for Chief fan and Chief writer. Pat is under contract for the year. We also have the franchise tag. If you don't want him then don't take him. Sign a crippled Ty Law.

If they don't like it the demands the dolphins have for Pat they can sit down and enjoy the recievers of the AFC West run through, around, over and past their pathetic excuse for a secondary once again....

i concure whole heartedly

Back
Top Bottom