Article from insider on Dolphins status | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article from insider on Dolphins status

gunn34 said:
They didn't mention the DL, Zach or Crowder. I wonder why.

I think the article was intended to show what areas we need to upgrade in. Not showcase the areas in which we are already set and talk about playmakers.

I agree for the most part. If Sam is cut/traded of course we need a veteran FA CB. We need an upgrade at QB for a long term solution. Depth at WR is a concern, Welker plays the slot well, but we need backups to the #1 and #2 spots. I hope OLB is addressed in the draft, be nice to have another young guy with Crowder.

I do agree with the idea that we need to upgrade LT spot. How they suggest we do it isn't gonna happen IMO. D-Mac isn't gonna move to OG if they decide to replace him at LT.

As for the Salary Cap, yes we are bout 8 Million over the cap.
But that is a little misleading as we only need to make a couple moves to be under the cap. For instance, cut Damion McIntosh and Tebucky Jones gets us bout 2 Million under the cap. We are gonna make more moves then that though, figure we will be 10-15 million under the cap after March 3rd to look for some FA.

Also, when we heard we could have 20 Million in cap, that was before McMike did his contract. That might lower the money we have.

jmorgan6977 said:
Absolutely no love for Welker.....

I guess there are several threads on WW, but the truth sometimes hurts..he's a fan favorite and a nice role player...just not a very good #3 WR...

What I don't understand is I remember seeing something awhile back saying how the Dolphins were in great shape salary cap wise and could be like $20 million under the cap. Now its saying there not in that great of shape. What is the truth?

I also think that number includes the expectation of what the new CBA's increased salary cap amount would be. That is why I believe that everyone involved should be working hard to get this to be a done deal. With a new salary cap and expected cuts I think I read somewhere Dolphins could be as much as 25 million under cap.

Agree that Welker is #4 type. A #3 is needed, a #1 dep. on Booker's status.

I think they'll cut DMac, then resign him to a better deal, it being unlikely another team tops our offer. With Seth gone and Hadnot at C, a RG like a S.Neal or T.Fonotui type is likely.

QB news around the league has been interesting lately. Something good could happen here for the Phins.

I'm guessing 'most' of the needs on D will be handled via the Draft. Aside from resigning Bell and Schulters, I see another FA DB added due to circumstances.

An interesting take by the writer. IMO, DMac looks more like a G, but how would he take to the reassignment and drop in pay?

a lot of hate for our d this articles makes it seems as if we suk and have no hope hate whoever wrote that article

jmorgan6977 said:
Yeah because they wanted to make us look weak at LB gotta love espn

No, it's because they aren't problems. There is no news to report on them, they did great.

Blueprint said:
That's because Welker isn't good enough to push for a #2 WR spot. He's a #3/#4, and that's that..

Ture. But that's all I want from him. He SHOULDN'T be a #2. He is a great #3. He has the best hands on the team.

I don't need to him to run deep routes. I don't need him to get a lot of yards after the catch.

All I want from Welker is to be the guy that is rock-solid reliable in making the catch past the yardage marker on third downs.

I don't care if he averaged three yards a catch if he only needed two for the first down.

That's what he is to me. And if he does that he is a very valuable asset to this team.

dolfan87 said:
Welker is a solid contributor, and I can't even count how many times Gus either over threw him, or missed him completely. Solid on returns, and tough as nails on third down.

Reggie Howard would likely struggle? LMAO, he would flat out get killed.

Interesting how the "insider" is not so inside.

are you kidding me? welker was the one he hit right on most of the time. It was welker who was making the big plays over the middlle. Its just amazing how gus gets blamed for welker getting the bad rep in some stupid *** article.

Back
Top Bottom