Article from NFL.com talking about linemen in the draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article from NFL.com talking about linemen in the draft.

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Here's the part I love:

"Arkansas' Shawn Andrews has entrenched himself as the second-best offensive lineman in the draft and is considered a real road-grater type. Translation: He can really run block."

I would love to get him if we can't get Reggie.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7201067

imo andrews could be the ultimate luxury pick for us. but not at rt where i think he would be one of the better rt's in the game, but at rg where if properly motivated could be mentioned in the same sentence as a larry allen or maybe even a john hannah caliber player. as a rg he would truly have a chance to be one of the best ever. again just my opinion.

Originally posted by dodge
imo andrews could be the ultimate luxury pick for us. but not at rt where i think he would be one of the better rt's in the game, but at rg where if properly motivated could be mentioned in the same sentence as a larry allen or maybe even a john hannah caliber player. as a rg he would truly have a chance to be one of the best ever. again just my opinion.
John Hannah? I wouldn't go that far. If we get this guy I'd be very happy if he can be close to what Kuechengburg and Little were.With Hannah you're talking about the best lineman ever to play the game.I'm very nervous abouy us taking Andrews cos he may eat his way out of football.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't understand why some fans would hesitate to select Shawn Andrews if he was there at #20. After the college season finished, this guy was said to be a top 10 pick just like Gallery and some mocks had Andrews going before Gallery before Andrews ballooned to 400.

I think it would be a luxury if Andrews was there at #20.

andrews could very well be a bust, aaron gibson part 2. but i still feel if properly motivated and of course good health, this guy could be one of the best guards to ever play. and yes i'm old enough to have seen hannah play and he was the best og ever {wow, that hurt to say that about a patriot player}. however i think we will never know simply because andrews can be a very good tackle and just about every team would play him there because of the higher importance of rt than rg.

I think Andrews could really me a missing part of this Oline.

McIntosh is the starter at RT, and I think Andrews would make an awesome RG (a la Leonard Davis)

Originally posted by finsnchips
I think Andrews could really me a missing part of this Oline.

McIntosh is the starter at RT, and I think Andrews would make an awesome RG (a la Leonard Davis)

This is from Pro Football Weekly:

"We hear that if Cardinals OG Leonard Davis once again falls short of his considerable potential, the team will probably be looking to deal him after next season."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2004/whispers1901.htm

I have read similar comments about Leonard before. He has tremendous potential and a huge contract, but he is not consistent enough to warrant the money. If we draft Andrews and stick him at RG, I hope he does not under-produce like Leonard has.

When a player has a weight issue this early it is always a concern.
But he would appear to be a serious run blocker which we need.

Who knows. The draft is such a crap shoot.

I'd take him for several reasons:
was a top 10 pick a few weeks ago
fills a huge need on our team
has already dropped the weight and with the assistance of nfl players/coaches should have no problem keeping it off (see chester, bowens, boston for examples, all dropped weight in no time.) also we could set him up with a personal trainer and nutritionist a la ricky. Weight problems aren't a concern for me in this one, he'll lose enough weight just standing around in the miami humidity and heat. haha

Arkansas....get the kid away from th land of the Fry Daddy and it'll knock 75lbs off him right there. Heck, if I was living in Arkansas I'd probably spend all my time with my face stuck in my fridge as well.

I don't see how Andrews could be there at 20. That would mean that Gallery is the only guy taken in the top 19. Can't see it happening.

It doesn't look like anyone with a round 1 grade is going to be there at 20. Unless we reach for Smiley, we either trade down or go in another direction.

I don't see how Andrews could be there at 20. That would mean that Gallery is the only guy taken in the top 19. Can't see it happening.

It doesn't look like anyone with a round 1 grade is going to be there at 20. Unless we reach for Smiley, we either trade down or go in another direction.
I thought that too originally, but the more the players work out for scouts, it seems like more and more players are working up in the draft. There are soo many skill position players that are good in this draft, he may just fall. There is always one or two players that fall and everyone is like "how did that happen". The draft is just a 'crap shoot' and you never know.

SHAUN ANDREWS: the biggest risk reward type pick in the draft .. i would be scared as hell to pick him.. the heat in miami will kill this guy .. he wouldn't make it to the 4th quarter of every game... he is slipping for a reason guys.. be careful of what u wish for... i for one wouldn't want this guy on the team .. tooooo many question marks... no guarentees ... sorry count me out!!!

look at our current guys... ricky with his trainer/nutritionist, boston with his strict regimen, chester and bowens losing weight at will... He would be fine here and hed have a lot of help from professionals (players, coaches, trainers, nutritionists, etc...) He'd be worth the risk if he does fall to 20, hes already shown he can get the weight off in a short period of time, just needs help keeping it off, and the phins can help him do that.

Back
Top Bottom