Article: How Elite is your NFL QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: How Elite is your NFL QB?

phinmanniac

Rookie
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/14948/hangover-how-elite-is-your-nfl-qb

Right now they have Tannehill ranked as "Elite Class III-a".

---
Elite Class III-b: The Young Pre-Elite (The YoPrelite)

Elite Class III-b is where you find rookie or second-year quarterbacks who haven’t played enough for anyone to truly evaluate them. They’ve done some great things and some terrible things. A few good games can catapult them into Elite Class III-a, while a bad season drops them to the bottom of the ELITE scale.

The Young Pre-Elite are, in alphabetical order: Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick, Jake Locker and Ryan Tannehill."
---

I would agree that's a fair assessment. He doesn't deserve to be in the "Young Elite" category at this point with the others. He's still very raw, I think most people's expectations were too unreasonable going into the season calling him the "next-Marino" before he's even taken a snap. Only time will tell which way he progresses but I think at this point (12 games into his career) it's fair to say "the jury is still out".

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid article categories, talk about being fixated on the word elite. OK everyone is some sort of elite, ya OK.

ESPN consistently resets the standards bar at the lowest possible levels

Back
Top Bottom