Article on 5 vets being talked contract... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on 5 vets being talked contract...

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
goood read on our players

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/inside-the-nfl/v-print/story/777638.html

Personally, I want HIll back as aback up, Goodman back as a 4th DB, carey for the right price, crowder for no more then 3-4 mill a year, and Bell back no doubts evne though he is old hes a gamer and a leader.

"MAYBE" this FO thinks with a GOOD pass rush (expect 2-3 NEW LB on thsi team next year) and a NT we can improve the secondary wiht that pressure but rem. this was a problem in dallas for the past 23432 years. THey had ag ood pass rush but their secondary CONSTANTLY SUCKED. and it STILL SUCKS. So maybe this is a flaw in our FO.

Our secondary is average and collecting pay checks that are above average. Unless thay want to negotiate fair salaries, let them walk. I happen to agree that if we can increase our pass rush we can get by with an average secondary next season.

Bell and Carey are who I really want to stay. I do like Crowder and I know he isnt a fan favorite on here, but at the right price, he would be good to stay.

i would really get to the bottom of why there was such a drastic difference in andre goodmans performance level..

I'am not sure if i have seen such a dramatic change within a season. He's been playing at a pro bowl level guys. ridiculous turnaround. I wonder if its contract related, i want a player that wants to be a miami dolphin.. i understand stepping up in a contract year but what hes done the past 6 weeks is crazy..

Bell and Carey are who I really want to stay. I do like Crowder and I know he isnt a fan favorite on here, but at the right price, he would be good to stay.

I am with you man. I think that Carey, Bell, Crowder all need to stay. I am suprised we haven't gave Carey an extension yet.

Carey has played awful the past 5-6 weeks...If you look at where pressure/sacks usually come from he usually has something to do with it...However I know it must be taken with a grain of salt since he is playing next to a POS guard

I would not mind Hill back.....At a lower 1/4 contract. I would not mind Carey back at at top 1/3 contract. I would not mind Crowder back at a Middle 1/3 contract. I would not mind Goodman back at a middle 1/3 contract.

I'm probably among the top 5 Bell supporters on this board. Pay the man.

i would really get to the bottom of why there was such a drastic difference in andre goodmans performance level..

I'am not sure if i have seen such a dramatic change within a season. He's been playing at a pro bowl level guys. ridiculous turnaround. I wonder if its contract related, i want a player that wants to be a miami dolphin.. i understand stepping up in a contract year but what hes done the past 6 weeks is crazy..
It could be a combination of that and coaching. Todd Bowles is supposed to be this amazing secondary coach, maybe he is paying off.

completely off topic.....but it's from the article, so I'll ask here. What do the bracketed words mean in news articles?

Example:
''I'm playing OK,'' Crowder said. ``It's nothing amazing. I don't have [any] big plays or [anything]. I haven't done [anything] to win a game. I'm playing [within] the integrity of the defense, so I guess I'm an average player.''

Are those corrections? Did Crowder say, "I don't have no big plays or nothing....." and the author is inserting the proper grammar?

Always wondered....any help would be appreciated.

Carey has played awful the past 5-6 weeks...If you look at where pressure/sacks usually come from he usually has something to do with it...However I know it must be taken with a grain of salt since he is playing next to a POS guard

Awful is a bit of a stretch. He's been less than his usual solid self, but still above average overall in my opinion.

Problem is that he's not looking for just "above average" money. He's looking for elite LT money.

In terms of order of preference to re-sign:

Bell, Carey, Crowder, Hill, Goodman

I'd probably only really want the first two back as starters (wouldn't mind Hill as a backup and Goodman as a third/fourth CB) but I wouldn't be upset if we didn't re-sign any of them, to be honest.

goood read on our players

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/inside-the-nfl/v-print/story/777638.html

Personally, I want HIll back as aback up, Goodman back as a 4th DB, carey for the right price, crowder for no more then 3-4 mill a year, and Bell back no doubts evne though he is old hes a gamer and a leader.

"MAYBE" this FO thinks with a GOOD pass rush (expect 2-3 NEW LB on thsi team next year) and a NT we can improve the secondary wiht that pressure but rem. this was a problem in dallas for the past 23432 years. THey had ag ood pass rush but their secondary CONSTANTLY SUCKED. and it STILL SUCKS. So maybe this is a flaw in our FO.

Agree with the secondary vs. pressure insight.

It was said that the Giants secondary was masked by great pass rush last year, but in hindsight, it appears that what really happened was that some of their secondary players began to improve their play as the season progressed.

Now, the Giants secondary is a source of strength (thanks in part to the addition of former Hurricane Kenny Phillips).

All of that said, I don't think that the front office is going to take the "mask the secondary with pass rush" approach. That's never really been a Parcells calling card. Even in Dallas, the regime attempted to bring in some talent via draft, etc...

completely off topic.....but it's from the article, so I'll ask here. What do the bracketed words mean in news articles?

Example:

Are those corrections? Did Crowder say, "I don't have no big plays or nothing....." and the author is inserting the proper grammar?

Always wondered....any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, basically that is where the writer is correcting the quote. Since it is quotation marks, the writer can't just change the words at the risk of misquoting, so the brackets are used to signify that the quotee didn't actually say these particular words.

Usually you see this in the form of "He [Sparano] thinks the team is turning things around" where the writer adds to the quote since the reader wouldn't know who "he" was without the clarification.

It is pretty confusing since these are used wrong all the time, even by respected journalists.

It seems you may be insinuating that they neglected the secondary for the most part because they believed that a good pass rush would compensate for a poor secondary....I don't agree with that.

Parcells first pick with the Cowboys, he used the #5 overall pick on Terence Newman. They already had former #8 overall pick Roy Williams playing safety. Later they went out and spent big on CB Anthony Henry. Doesn't look like they neglected the secondary....the players gotta make plays though.

Bell is the only one I'd bring back for certain. Crowder and Carey would be 2nd and 3rd priorities if their price is right. Hill would be nice depth, as would Goodman, but they're both heading to the wrong side of 30.

Back
Top Bottom