Article on Hartline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Hartline

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"As of right now, I like the way it is shaping up. I really do. I think we have added a little more speed to our group right now," said Sparano, who hasn't ruled out keeping as many as six receivers on the roster. "When you look at (Anthony) Armstrong, Teddy (Ginn, Jr.), Hartline; these guys from a speed standpoint out there and the way they run (is a plus). We have added a little more size to the group certainly. Hartline is a big guy; Turner is certainly a big guy out there, Brandon London, so we have some size and athleticism.

"I think a couple guys will be interesting competition and might perform the same jobs as we get on in this thing. You have guys like (Davone) Bess, Camarillo, and Hartline, all guys that can play in the slot and do some of those type things as inside receivers, so it will be interesting to watch how the whole thing shakes down. I like the way the group complements each other and however many guys we keep at that position, we will be able find a role for each one of them at the game."

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=6498

Im glad that were not trading for Boldin, Buress, Ochocinco, et....and getting our own set of weapons, taylor made to fit our needs......Hope our line holds up after all those injuries, for this could be a dangerous offense

Hartline will be a better pro, and do more for the Dolphins than Turner.

I blasted the FO for reaching, but I get the feeling he is going to prove us all wrong.

Maybe he was high on other draft boards?

I guess he has run in the 4.4's on several occasions as well.

He may have to take J. Allen's spot on ST's.

If he establishes a rapport with Pennington he may actually see some time at wideout later in the year.

Hartline was a known STer during the draft , but I agree with you on his potential as a pleasant suprise at WR.

I think at best with Hartline is we may get a very solid 3rd or 4th receiver......that's about all.

I'd like to see Hartline on PR. He's a pretty quick dude, especially the first couple of steps.

I would also like to see him on PRs.

Don't have much hope for him being a great receiver. I don't think he's physical enough and I don't think he has good enough concentration on the football. And if he's not going to be that type of player, he needs to be the type of player that is cat-quick and thinks three steps ahead at all times. Not sure he's that either.

Don't have much hope for him being a great receiver. I don't think he's physical enough and I don't think he has good enough concentration on the football. And if he's not going to be that type of player, he needs to be the type of player that is cat-quick and thinks three steps ahead at all times. Not sure he's that either.

This kind of scares me when it comes to punt returning. I remember a while back when we had a PR Jeff Ogden i think his name was, always scared the **** out of me when he went back for punts. Guy was a muff and fumble machine, and if Hartline truley lacks concentration on the ball PR is one of the last places I want to see him.

I think at best with Hartline is we may get a very solid 3rd or 4th receiver......that's about all.

And you made that determination based on???? His college career perhaps?
He may turn out to be a surprise, especially on ST's. Maybe another Steve Tasker

And you made that determination based on???? His college career perhaps?
He may turn out to be a surprise, especially on ST's. Maybe another Steve Tasker

Guys don't become viable NFL receivers just by default. Your attitude should always be that a player needs to prove to you that he is special enough to produce in the NFL, not the other way around (looking for him to prove that he can't make it).

What are we basing these judgments on? OTAs? We'll see when the pads go on who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

I didn't think Ohio State's Gonzalez would be that good in the NFL. He proved me wrong.

Don't have much hope for him being a great receiver. I don't think he's physical enough

REALLY?? That is what he is, physical!!! He is a special teams gunner who LOVES the contact and physical side of the football. He is MUCH more physical than Turner. I'm not saying Hartline is gonna make #2 or anything but one thing I will say is he will show up a lot more once the pads go on. Turner looks good with the no contact, but Hartline will be much better with the contact.

Both will make the team but the only way Turner see more action is in the redzone. Turner has better height and is better on fade routes but Hartline is more versatile, stronger and faster.

If Turner can get ANY seperation at all he will be a beast. I expect Hartline to be a solid contributor as well, but I see Turner coming on faster. Based on the OTA's anyway.

What are we basing these judgments on? OTAs? We'll see when the pads go on who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

I didn't think Ohio State's Gonzalez would be that good in the NFL. He proved me wrong.

i don't think he's anything special either. why? because i saw him play in college. didn't like the pick then, don't like it now.

i won't say he'll never develop into a solid player - but until he proves me wrong on the field that's what i think.

This kind of scares me when it comes to punt returning. I remember a while back when we had a PR Jeff Ogden i think his name was, always scared the **** out of me when he went back for punts. Guy was a muff and fumble machine, and if Hartline truley lacks concentration on the ball PR is one of the last places I want to see him.
I for 1 can't knock Jeff Ogden....he returned an 81 yard punt return against Favre's packers oct 25th 2000.....i was on my honeymoon!!!! sweet as!!!:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom