Article on How Spielman chose Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on How Spielman chose Feeley

Spielman is banking on AJ Feeley to be his "diamond"??

This is stupid. All this FO does is copycat what recent SB winners have done and it has not worked the past 3 years. Hell, the only reason Miami kept Fiedler for so long was because Trent Dilfer care-took his way to a SB win and everyone raved about how a care taker is the way to go. Now, Spielman goes for a bench warmer to take this team somewhere while Rivers is drafted away and he becomes the next young star QB..

And Miami will be stuck with another Fiedler because of other teams recent sb success..
This FO is being a bit too much of a copycat for their own good.

That article was depressing to read. Instead of just acquiring Feely and getting the job done, Spielman goes on to the media to defend his thought process.

This Miami franchise is very weak. From Top To Bottom

Just pathetic

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Section126
Why does Rick Spielman insist on lying?

He DID NOT Target AJ Feeley off the bat..............

He just didn't.......he was their fall-back guy....and they did fall back......

They wanted Brunell, then they wanted Henson, then they explored getting Ramsey......Then they said: "We better move or we'll get shut out."

In other words..............Fiedler really, really, really, really SUCKS.

The way I saw it was they wanted Brunell as a vet QB and were gonna draft a young QB for the future. But then it looked like Brunell was headed for Wash. (which he is) and they looked into getting Ramsey and the skins said no, then they turned to Henson or maybe Rivers and maybe keep Jay or Brian as a vet. QB. After Rivers stock went up and Henson's agent started talking long term big money contract the possibility of getting them in Miami started to fade so they turned and started looking for solid backup QBs.
And felt Feeley was the best fit. WHAT'S wrong with that? It's not like Rivers can't fall their way and still draft him, and if he don't then we go after a WR and OLman early in the draft and use FA to improve the offense around Feeley.
Yes they overpaid a little for Feeley, we got it. I don't see where he lied, Who's to say that they didn't target Feeley when they turned to looking for quality backups? You? And who the hell are you?
Are you pissed because they didn't handle things the way you wanted them to? Well get used to it because I doubt they'll come banging on any of our doors.
Life is a gamble man, there's alot of off season to go.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Spielman is banking on AJ Feeley to be his "diamond"??

This is stupid. All this FO does is copycat what recent SB winners have done and it has not worked the past 3 years. Hell, the only reason Miami kept Fiedler for so long was because Trent Dilfer care-took his way to a SB win and everyone raved about how a care taker is the way to go. Now, Spielman goes for a bench warmer to take this team somewhere while Rivers is drafted away and he becomes the next young star QB..

And Miami will be stuck with another Fiedler because of other teams recent sb success..
This FO is being a bit too much of a copycat for their own good.

That article was depressing to read. Instead of just acquiring Feely and getting the job done, Spielman goes on to the media to defend his thought process.

This Miami franchise is very weak. From Top To Bottom

Just pathetic

It always has been and always will be a copycat league. Each era of football has it's own idenity. The only thing that has stayed the same is defense wins championships. The Ravens didn't do anything new when they won the superbowl. Miami won two superbowls the same way 30 years prior. What dictates the current style is the talent that comes out of college.

No solid QBs but alot of RBs and OLmen well it becomes a running league.
QB class of 83' now it becomes a pass happy league.
Look at defense today, they are going to the 3-4 more because of the influcks of quality LBers.
Teams can't do what they did in the past and have high quality player at every position plus their backups.

What I see the Fins doing is trying not to over compensate towards the offense and lose quality on defense. They're trying to create balance by improving the offense to help the defense. That's not copycatting that's common sense. At least in my opinion it is.

Improve the OL, bring in a #2 WR, we have a very good RB and FB, a solid TE and another TE with potential, Feeley won't have to carry the offense. Give the defense more time on the pine and create balance throughout the whole team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why everyone's so pissed. I can't think of anyone they could have gone after without a minimum investment of $10-12 million in signing bonus or trading "multiple" picks to get (and no way would hensen start this year folks so lets forget that).

If Rivers drops to 20 on the draft and the phins pass......THEN ***** (I know I will). I highly doubt we are done as far as QB's go especially if Jay and Brian are let go then we are in the market for a 2nd QB.

Lets look at the market now and really see who is left. Were talking some slim pickings going on right now with a couple $12 million plus guys.

I love how everyone says bring in a #2 reciever, but with the deep talent in this draft we could very likely draft someone better than chambers. Mmmmm, now thats good brain food (hah, i dont have to make sense since its 4:11 am)

Originally posted by outtawack311
I love how everyone says bring in a #2 reciever, but with the deep talent in this draft we could very likely draft someone better than chambers. Mmmmm, now thats good brain food (hah, i dont have to make sense since its 4:11 am)

Yup but at best they would be the #2 in camp to not A) Piss off Chambers who is going into contract time and B) Make the new guy earn the #1 spot.

Whoever we draft though needs to be ready willing and able to go over the middle.

Which brings up another fact. We can't go blowing our wad on big contracts. Especially if Chambers blows up this year we are looking at a future $10 million signing bonus on that boy.

Actually, I still have very high hopes for Tolver too. Just imagine if he pans out with the drafted reciever...........MMmmmmm Taste like Buffalo chicken strips.....

Back
Top Bottom