Article on Mularkey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Mularkey

I could say "I told ya so", but I wasn't on finheaven - check the Buffalo Range :D

What happened? 8 pages of people defending the hiring.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=120828

and it just so happenes that the 5th week of the season a poll on the front page shows up about firing MM. hmmmmm

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1979777&postcount=56
Just keep this thread bookmarked somewhere is all i'm saying. When you are calling for MM's head by the 5th week of the season, you'll understand what i meant. For the record, i'm not jelous of Miami. I honestly don't see the Bills and Dolphins competing with each other next year.

I love the part where he says the players came out flat and were not ready to play, does this sound familiar?

funny. I was just thinking last night about Mularkeys call last year when the Bills were up on us 23-3 and had 1st and goal with game in hand. they've been running down our throats. For some unknown reason, they pass the ball and Sam Madison actually makes a play. From there, well, we know what happens. Never understood why the Bills decided to give us the game. Stupid stupid....and that's who we hired???!!!!!!!

dw10 said:
funny. I was just thinking last night about Mularkeys call last year when the Bills were up on us 23-3 and had 1st and goal with game in hand. they've been running down our throats. For some unknown reason, they pass the ball and Sam Madison actually makes a play. From there, well, we know what happens. Never understood why the Bills decided to give us the game. Stupid stupid....and that's who we hired???!!!!!!!

exactly the reason i never understood fish fans being happy with the hiring. You guys saw it up close. You expected something else out of him......

why?

I feel no sympathy for fish fans. I was ripped to shreds on these very boards when I said the hiring of Mularkey was the worst thing they could have ever done. So I hope Mularkey is signed to a 5 year extension.:D

BuffaloBills06 said:
I feel no sympathy for fish fans. I was ripped to shreds on these very boards when I said the hiring of Mularkey was the worst thing they could have ever done. So I hope Mularkey is signed to a 5 year extension.:D

PLEASE TAKE HIM BACK!

dw10 said:

This is a classic example of execution making a play call look bad. It is also an example of selective memory.

Last season, they were not running the ball down our throats early. McGahee only had 41 yards rushing in the first half. They had success throwing the ball. Losman had 3 TD passes in the first game, including a 4 yard TD pass. On the drive in question, the Bills had moved the ball from their own 38 to the Miami 3. McGahee had gained 5 yards rushing on 5 carries in the drive. On first and goal from the 3, the INT happened and Losman tanked and the Bills defense tanked after that.

Fast forward to this season against the Bills. McGahee is running the ball better in this game. Neither team had much success throwing the ball in the first half. Both ran it for more than 5 YPC. Buffalo's first drive of the third quarter moved quickly down to the Miami 4 on a pass interference penalty. Here is the opportunity to take control of the game. Do they run it? No. Losman throws a 4 yard TD pass to Reed using the exact same play that had failed last season. Is the play call questioned? No. Would an INT at that point have turned the game around? Probably. Why was there no outcry from the Bills fans? Because it worked.

In a game where Losman had been throwing the ball well, a pass from the 3 is considered a stupid call. In a game where Losman was not throwing the ball well, no one questions the call. Most of the time on a non-gadget play, its not play calling, its execution.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
This is a classic example of execution making a play call look bad. It is also an example of selective memory.

Last season, they were not running the ball down our throats early. McGahee only had 41 yards rushing in the first half. They had success throwing the ball. Losman had 3 TD passes in the first game, including a 4 yard TD pass. On the drive in question, the Bills had moved the ball from their own 38 to the Miami 3. McGahee had gained 5 yards rushing on 5 carries in the drive. On first and goal from the 3, the INT happened and Losman tanked and the Bills defense tanked after that.

Fast forward to this season against the Bills. McGahee is running the ball better in this game. Neither team had much success throwing the ball in the first half. Both ran it for more than 5 YPC. Buffalo's first drive of the third quarter moved quickly down to the Miami 4 on a pass interference penalty. Here is the opportunity to take control of the game. Do they run it? No. Losman throws a 4 yard TD pass to Reed using the exact same play that had failed last season. Is the play call questioned? No. Would an INT at that point have turned the game around? Probably. Why was there no outcry from the Bills fans? Because it worked.

In a game where Losman had been throwing the ball well, a pass from the 3 is considered a stupid call. In a game where Losman was not throwing the ball well, no one questions the call. Most of the time on a non-gadget play, its not play calling, its execution.
Mularkey is that you?

Its both, playcalling and execution.

Problem is, Mularkey's plays, even if successful, dont put us in a position to win games.

Running the ball 12 times is a joke.
His trick plays are a joke.
Not running screens to beat those blitzes is a headscratcher.

Mularkey was supposed to take over Linehan's offense. Well, he hasnt, instead he is running the same garbage he ran in pittsburgh and buffalo.

If you keep doing the same thing, you are going to keep getting the same results.

I'm sorry, what kind of results did Mularkey get in buffalo the last 2 years?

So why is he somehow exempt from changing?

FinfanInBuffalo said:

The difference is the lead..... We were up big last year...we didn't need a TD.....

We could have kicked a FG there and would have won....we could have gotton shut down running the ball, and 3 minutes, off the clock and won....

we didn't need to be aggressive....

Of Course it was the execution....... but timely playcalling was never Mularkeys forte.....

Back
Top Bottom