Article On Possible Cap Cuts/Problems | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article On Possible Cap Cuts/Problems

Dolphins_SR66 said:
And if we sign Brees, just presume Gus's $2M is part of Brees contract and Gus is released.
I'm always concerned about how the front office is perceived by the players in moves like these, and I'd hate to have a guy restructure only to cut him later. Players typically don't like that a whole lot. I think we need to make a decision about Frerotte before he restructures.

HysterikiLL said:
Remember mid-season when our cap number for this season was going to be like 40 mill under? :(
It never was, the highest I heard was $25 million under the cap which isn't so far off from now.

I think a while back they said 10 mill under the cap. I wouldnt mind Gus being cut as long as we get Brees or Culpepper. That would be sweeeeeeeeet. :)

"Because Ricky Williams reportedly faces a one-year drug suspension, the Dolphins need to find a tailback to back up Ronnie Brown. Green Bay's Ahman Green could emerge as an intriguing option."

I like the thought of that

Barry20 said:
"Because Ricky Williams reportedly faces a one-year drug suspension, the Dolphins need to find a tailback to back up Ronnie Brown. Green Bay's Ahman Green could emerge as an intriguing option."

I like the thought of that
hmm, that is an interesting comment by Marvez. I think Green would not want to come here to be a backup to Brown.

Reggie Howard, Tebucky and Seau won't be around, Gus will have to take less to stick around, and I am sure Jason and ZT will restructure...we will be alright.

Back
Top Bottom