Articles and Copyrights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Articles and Copyrights

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
I was just cruising by the BBI today, and they brought up a very good point that we need to watch out for here as well.

When we go out and find articles that we feel are worthwhile, we cannot just copy and paste the entire thing into our forums.

Provide us with one paragraph or so, and then a link to the writing.

We don't want to infringe on copyrights.

I appreciate your cooperation,

from http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wwp

WHAT WORKS ARE PROTECTED?
Copyright protects "original works of authorship" that are fixed in a tangible form of expression. The fixation need not be directly perceptible so long as it may be communicated with the aid of a machine or device. Copyrightable works include the following categories:

literary works;
musical works, including any accompanying words
dramatic works, including any accompanying music
pantomimes and choreographic works
pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works
motion pictures and other audiovisual works
sound recordings
architectural works
These categories should be viewed broadly. For example, computer programs and most "compilations" may be registered as "literary works"; maps and architectural plans may be registered as "pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works."

And furthermore, it is #8 on the Board Policy list :)

Added: May 30, 2002 - Please do not post an entire article. Instead, post the first three or so sentences, and then include a link to that article. The reason is simply because of copyright issues. And I for one do not want to have The Sun Sentinel coming after us in a lawsuit.

HEY!!! Muck, I wrote that same sentence three years ago!!

Originally posted by Muck
Lawsuits are stupid.
Yeah it's a shame that as a society we're fixated on trying to screw each other and some lawyers can be so slimy, all the more reason to give the mods peace of mind.

Some people will say "I have a right to protect what's mine" etc. etc. etc.

I call it greed.

Back
Top Bottom