As far as bandwagons go... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As far as bandwagons go...

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone on the 'trade down like mad so long as we win on value on virtually any and every pick' bandwagon?

I actually hope Tua stays this year so we can trade down, get at least two of his WRs, at least 3 OL and punt as many assets as posible into next year and keep the draft capital snow ball rolling.

From the vibe I get from Grier getting ourselves in the best position for sustained success seems to be paramount and trump any one player, W-L record on any given season and obviously the fans expectations.

Last edited:
The 'bama "bambi" WRs will have trouble staying on the field in the NFL. Collectively too frail and
too fragile for serious physical PRO ball. We need kids that are TUFF and ready for high level physical action.

With the 1st R1 pick, if we're in a position to grab Chase Young I'm not trading out of that.
With the 2nd R1 pick if a stud like Andrew Thomas is there I'm not trading.
And last, if my favorite target in the draft -- Creed Humphrey is avail with our 3rd R1, I'm like doing back flips!

If the above scenario is not available I'd look for additional pick value.

Ruggs is well built. The only high profile 'Bama receiver I agree may be a bit frail is Devante Smith.

Most everybody has Smith over LSU's JJ but if you get Jeudy/Ruggs before that I would rather pick JJ.

We let Stills go. Hurns is a free agent. Ford sucks. Wilson is getting cut. Say we extend Parker (simply because we need to spend the money,lol), and draft at least 2 WRs.

This draft is loaded at WR. Better exploit the drafts strengths. DB being the other strength.

We let Stills go. Hurns is a free agent. Ford sucks. Wilson is getting cut. Say we extend Parker (simply because we need to spend the money,lol), and draft at least 2 WRs.

This draft is loaded at WR. Better exploit the drafts strengths. DB being the other strength.

WR R3 not sooner. That's where the value starts.

BTW Ruggs is 6 190... Not very rugged IMO.

The 'bama "bambi" WRs will have trouble staying on the field in the NFL. Collectively too frail and
too fragile for serious physical PRO ball. We need kids that are TUFF and ready for high level physical action.

With the 1st R1 pick, if we're in a position to grab Chase Young I'm not trading out of that.
With the 2nd R1 pick if a stud like Andrew Thomas is there I'm not trading.
And last, if my favorite target in the draft -- Creed Humphrey is avail with our 3rd R1, I'm like doing back flips!

If the above scenario is not available I'd look for additional pick value.
If not taking Tua that’s a hell of a mock...

Ruggs is well built. The only high profile 'Bama receiver I agree may be a bit frail is Devante Smith.

Most everybody has Smith over LSU's JJ but if you get Jeudy/Ruggs before that I would rather pick JJ.
I think Jerry Jeudy has quite the linear build, very narrow through the hips..

Grier is on record as saying he wants to have a minimum of 10 draft picks in every draft moving forward. He mentioned this after the 2019 draft, after making the trade down in the 2nd round. He also admitted to turning down a deal in the 1st round for Miami's pick. He seems determined to adopt a different approach than what Miami has done in the past. It sure seems like a NE approach to having draft capital flexibility. I love the idea in theory, but he needs to be successful in obtaining the system fits. Time will tell. But I do agree, I suspect he's potentially looking to trade a few times in 2020. This is a deep draft at CB, OT, WR and Edge type defensive players. All areas of need. I hope to see him address these areas multiple time in the 1st few rounds after selecting what we all hope is a franchise QB.

Last edited:
Grier is on record as saying he wants to have a minimum of 10 draft picks in every draft moving forward. He mentioned this after the 2019 draft, after making the trade down in the 2nd round. He also admitted to turning down a deal in the 1st round for Miami's pick. He seems determined to adopt a different approach than what Miami has done in the past. It sure seems like a NE approach to having draft capital flexibility. I love the idea in theory, but he needs to be successful in obtaining the system fits. Time will tell. But I do agree, I suspect he's potentially looking to trade a few times in 2020. This is a deep draft at OT, WR and Edge type defensive players. All areas of need. I hope to see him address these areas multiple time in the 1st few rounds after selecting what we all hope is a franchise QB.

I like your take. And really believe Chris has been very transparent and clear in his "plan" and
I fully expect him to continue to conduct decisions at the highest level based on leveraging
opportunities and getting the best possible value he can. In that way he's less focused on
specific individual players and more focused on "collective assets." The ONLY legit
high percentage play in the draft is numerically based -- the more at bats the better!
Point is -- whiffing on a pick doesn't matter -- it's the HRs that count!

Steven Ross was on the trade down bandwagon last year, trade down from the Minkah Fitzpatrick #11 pick to New Orleans so they could draft Marcus Davenport, pick up an extra 1st rd pick and draft Lamar Jackson later in the round. I wonder how he feels about Chris Grier now.

Steven Ross was on the trade down bandwagon last year, trade down from the Minkah Fitzpatrick #11 pick to New Orleans so they could draft Marcus Davenport, pick up an extra 1st rd pick and draft Lamar Jackson later in the round. I wonder how he feels about Chris Grier now.
I remember. But since then, Ross tossed both Gase and Tannenbaum and left Grier in charge. It's quite possible Ross stuck with Grier, because he shared Ross' vision. A vision Grier started to implement during the 2019 draft and as recently as trading Minkah.

I like your take. And really believe Chris has been very transparent and clear in his "plan" and
I fully expect him to continue to conduct decisions at the highest level based on leveraging
opportunities and getting the best possible value he can. In that way he's less focused on
specific individual players and more focused on "collective assets." The ONLY legit
high percentage play in the draft is numerically based -- the more at bats the better!
Point is -- whiffing on a pick doesn't matter -- it's the HRs that count!
I agree, the more shots you take, the more chances you get at hitting on a pro bowl caliber player. Let's see how this all shakes out. But in theory, it's the right thing to do.

I remember. But since then, Ross tossed both Gase and Tannenbaum and left Grier in charge. It's quite possible Ross stuck with Grier, because he shared Ross' vision. A vision Grier started to implement during the 2019 draft and as recently as trading Minkah.
At least he dumped Tannenbaum, that was vital.

Back
Top Bottom