As for Feeley having more physical skills than Jay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As for Feeley having more physical skills than Jay

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
AJ may have more physical skills than Jay.

But so did Lucas and Griese.

Drew Bledsoe had more physical skills than Brady.

The point is that it doesn't come down to arm strength, quickness, or other physical attributes. It comes down to who can get the W on sunday. Whether or not it was their doing or not.

Fiedler was suppost to lose his job the past two years and both years after he went down we saw what the alternative was.

Face it he isn't that bad of a QB. Maybe not the best ever, but certainly not the worst.

You're going to regret posting this, but I agree with what you're saying. Ryan Leaf should have taught us all that physical talent without an understanding of the game isn't enough. I don't care if Jay takes us to 16-0 by passing for 43 yards, 0 TD, and an INT every game -- the wins and losses are what count.

Jimmy James said:
You're going to regret posting this, but I agree with what you're saying. Ryan Leaf should have taught us all that physical talent without an understanding of the game isn't enough. I don't care if Jay takes us to 16-0 by passing for 43 yards, 0 TD, and an INT every game -- the wins and losses are what count.

Even if we go 16-0, it would be inspite of Jay, not because of him. Any other QB in the whole world would have gotten us to 16-0 and had the defenses respecting the pass at the same time. It has been proven that Jay Fiedler is incapable of completing a single pass in the NFL.

(just wanted to see what it felt like to type complete nonsense)

Alot of it comes down to decision making. I often complain about JF's decision making. If JF made better decisions we'd be fine, even with arm strength limitations. But, in reality JF doesn't make any more bonehead decisions than most starters. Griese and Lucas came in and were even worse at the decision making, that's why they're gone. People who clamor about wanting a strong armed QB don't understand that it's not the most important thing. Yes, it's nice to stretch the D, yadda yadda. But the important thing is to make the play and avoid the mistake. Decision making is a far larger factor in that than arm strength.

FfIB,

Watch out -- I believe there is a point is flying right over you about now. I wouldn't want it to hit you. :D

Dolfan4life said:
AJ may have more physical skills than Jay.

But so did Lucas and Griese.

Drew Bledsoe had more physical skills than Brady.

The point is that it doesn't come down to arm strength, quickness, or other physical attributes. It comes down to who can get the W on sunday. Whether or not it was their doing or not.

Fiedler was suppost to lose his job the past two years and both years after he went down we saw what the alternative was.

Face it he isn't that bad of a QB. Maybe not the best ever, but certainly not the worst.

From what I remember, it was not just the physical aspect of Feeley the FO found to be superior....it was his leadership on the field and decision making during crucial moments such as 3rd down and in the 4th QTR is where he outshined Fiedler....that type of stuff is hard to see in a minicamp. :rolleyes:

Hopefully when the pads come on, we get a chance to see if Feeley truly is something special.

Jimmy James said:
FfIB,

Watch out -- I believe there is a point is flying right over you about now. I wouldn't want it to hit you. :D

I need to get a Smiley of a little girl stomping her feet. That might help me get in the mood and post replies like some that I have read.

Superself,

I would like to think that everybody hopes we get a chance to see Feeley make great decisions and use his physical skills. I know that there are some who only want to go the doom and gloom route, but I have to think that they feel that way deep down inside if they're really Dolphins fans and not just fans of bashing the FO.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I need to get a Smiley of a little girl stomping her feet. That might help me get in the mood and post replies like some that I have read.

:confused:

The point is that in the end, it doesn't matter if we win in spite of Jay, because of Jay, or because Jay is an adequate caretaker. If we do win, that's all that matters. They can even bring that SOB Tom Brady in here and win with him as long as the result is winning. Can't we all agree to that?

What is more important...

Knowing where to throw it or being able to make the throw?

Jay may make the right decision but if the ball doesn''t get there it was useless...

And the other guy could make the throw but doesn't for a different....
Both got the same result...

You need Both...
And if anyone is going to get a chance it should be the guy with the TALENT not the guy without...

you can TEACH someone what the RIGHT decision is...
You can't teach TALENT....

Griese and Lucas came in and were even worse at the decision making,

They were no worse in the decision making than Jay was 5 games into playing for us....
Give them 3 years as a starter working with these WRs and their decision making skills would be as good as Jays or BETTER!

Funny how people always point to other's failure as Jay somehow being BETTER...yet I can take any 5 games strecth from Jay and show how he has had FAR WORSE problems than the few games we saw from Lucas and Griese...

He's not good...Not even saying Griese or Lucas were good...
And I won't even say Feeley is good...

But we blew a 2nd rounder on him and it wasn't worth it if Jay is the starter again or Feeley is as bad as Jay...

How many games will you guys give Feeley?
5 Games too?

Jay got 3 years going on 4 here....
He has not done well...
Wins are a team stat that don't reflect what the TEAM would have won if it had a QB who wasn't a coin flip on a TD pass and an INT....

Those are lost wins...
Wins like NE 1 and 2
Wins like Houston...

Games that make us 13-3 and 1st seed....
In the Playoffs and sitting in the same place as NE was because their QB has a 1.9:1 TD to INT Ratio

A QB that doesn't get hurt halfway through the season and gets us at least a split with Indy and Tenn making us 14-2

What about all those wins where the Defense and the Running did all that they coulod only to see it fail...

Sure you can win with **** but you can win a lot more if you get something GOOD...
Right now we spent a bit of draft GOLD on Feeley...
If the pick we gave for him is worth it then he should be the starter irregardless of what DECISIONS he makes...

Experience and COACHING will TEACH him what decision is good and what decision is not...

Only a Surgeon could give Jay a good arm...
But Sadly the government has banned Genetic engineering!
Time to move on!

Jimmy James said:
:confused:

The point is that in the end, it doesn't matter if we win in spite of Jay, because of Jay, or because Jay is an adequate caretaker. If we do win, that's all that matters. They can even bring that SOB Tom Brady in here and win with him as long as the result is winning. Can't we all agree to that?

My posts were joking!!!!!! Sorry, I thought it was obvious.....

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Try this one....:tantrum:

Asphyx said:
Jay got 3 years going on 4 here....
He has not done well...
Wins are a team stat that don't reflect what the TEAM would have won if it had a QB who wasn't a coin flip on a TD pass and an INT....

Yep....having perhaps the best winning % over those stretch of years mentioned (as a franchise) definitely shows how he hasn't done well. It'd be nice if I didn't have to flip a coin either to see if our over-paid & over-rated defense was going to show up for a game or not either....

FinfanInBuffalo said:
My posts were joking!!!!!! Sorry, I thought it was obvious.....

I'd suggest using that nice smilies box on the right of the reply to -- they make intent more obvious. :tongue: I figured your first response was a joke, so that's why I went with a joke back. I just got confused by the second response about the stomping girl, so I decided to play it safe.

Back
Top Bottom