As good as Ronnie Brown should be... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As good as Ronnie Brown should be...

TARHEEL38 said:
The guys we have are a lot better than the three rookie OL men Houck used last year in SD. None of those three were drafted above the 3rd round and look at the year they had. One was not drafted at all. Now that we are getting rid of that zone blocking crap from last year we will be fine.
I got to admit it was not too bad getting to watch AJ get creamed last year though. You could tell they didn't give a crap if he got killed.

Actually the problem was man blocking, if DT's stunted our OLmen had to go behind other players and stay with "their man."

Dmarino110 said:
How the hell is he supposed to run behind an O-line that would make UCF happy about their O-Line.

What is Saban doing to fix the O-line?
Coaching makes a critical difference, even with Offensive Line. You cannot just expect players to respond to just any coach successfully. Just look how much coaching makes a difference. Example: Dave Wannstedt + Nick Saban

Hudson Houck is one of the best in the business, and I'd like to see what our Offensive Line has to offer being coached properly and intelligently by Houck.

A lot of people have felt that we had a weak running and passing game because of a horrible line. I felt the opposite -- our line was looking horrible because our running and passing games weren't able to elevate to their own levels. A.J. would drop back, check for his receivers....check....Booker open....Chambers open...checking...SACKED...."Damn line"

HysterikiLL said:
A lot of people have felt that we had a weak running and passing game because of a horrible line. I felt the opposite -- our line was looking horrible because our running and passing games weren't able to elevate to their own levels. A.J. would drop back, check for his receivers....check....Booker open....Chambers open...checking...SACKED...."Damn line"
Did you watch the bengals game ?!?!?! it got a little better after that but not much and then finally the last 3 or 4 games the blocking was almost bad but not quite... which was a significant improvement over putrid.

I think youre underestimating how good a coach Houck is. This made starters out of 7th rd picks in SD. Hes one of the top 2 or 3 best OL coaches in the game. We have good depth and we have some guys who have played well at various points in time but were never able to establish consistency. Guys like Wade Smith, St Clair, Carey (in his limited time), Jeno (in carolina was very good), Macintosh, even McKinney (which seems like ages ago was much better as a guard), Hadnot etc. I have to believe that some of these guys are capable of meshing into a good unit since theyve all shown flashes for stretches of time.

Dmarino110 said:
How the hell is he supposed to run behind an O-line that would make UCF happy about their O-Line.

What is Saban doing to fix the O-line?

Nice shot at UCF...

if this is who i think it is...can i have a copy of that internet interaction test. I want it incase i fail so i can hand it to the head of the department and show them that crap.

zeke0123 said:
Did you watch the bengals game ?!?!?! it got a little better after that but not much and then finally the last 3 or 4 games the blocking was almost bad but not quite... which was a significant improvement over putrid.

The Bengals game was a prime example. A.J. Feeley threw an INT to Nate Webster returned for a touchdown on a play when he had another receiver wide open. Gordon and Minor were also injured for that game, giving us no real attack in the tailback position at that time.

Not saying our line was good -- it WAS ugly but the level of improvement required is much less, I feel, than that of what anybody says. We have size, talent and can now harness our understanding and propensity through Hudson Houck and a new offensive system, more run-and-gun than last season.

Coaching is great, but we still have a big ? at LT. Macintosh might be it, Carey might be it, some schmuck might be it. The McDougle pickup was great, Houck has a good track record but we are still a man short on the line. Im not sold on a coach turning a swisscheese line into the great wall of china.

I really hope things work out with Alabi and he can fill our LT spot. He has size, strength, agility for his position and I think his heart is there. I'm not sure if he's ready right now but give him a year and I think he could slot in there nicely.

Just the fact that the guys have played with each other for a year now they should jell better and work better with each other, we didnt have a very experienced oline last year, especially with all the new guys playing together for the first time. And Houck is a great coach, he will have them ready.

nick19991 said:
the o-line will be fine, relax. we have Houck who is a great o-line coach and we also have some good additions such as McDougle at RT and we might move Hadnot to center in order to get McKinney off the field who is horrible
McDougle was the best pick up we couldve got this offseaseon, plus he's a mammoth monster mauler. V. carey will play guard to hide his subpar agilty, the only hole is center...tim ruddy tim ruddy tim ruddy tim ruddy(just playing)

footballer said:
McDougle was the best pick up we couldve got this offseaseon, plus he's a mammoth monster mauler. V. carey will play guard to hide his subpar agilty, the only hole is center...tim ruddy tim ruddy tim ruddy tim ruddy(just playing)

I hope Rex Hadnot moves to center

HysterikiLL said:
The Bengals game was a prime example. A.J. Feeley threw an INT to Nate Webster returned for a touchdown on a play when he had another receiver wide open. Gordon and Minor were also injured for that game, giving us no real attack in the tailback position at that time.

Not saying our line was good -- it WAS ugly but the level of improvement required is much less, I feel, than that of what anybody says. We have size, talent and can now harness our understanding and propensity through Hudson Houck and a new offensive system, more run-and-gun than last season.

I blame our pathetic offensive production on one aspect of our game last year....COACHING!!! WE were the worst coached team in the league. Once Ricky retired teams didnt respect the running game, and they would bring the blitz on almost every play. Had our coaching staff had half a clue, they could have called screens and quick outs to combat the blitz.....Instead they continued to call 5 step drops, which got Feeley killed!!! Please explain to me why as Wannstedt put it "we are throwing it deep more than ever" when the OL couldnt hold up for that long. This is where Dave just didnt get it, the line is struggling and you cant run the ball.....RUN SHORT PASSING PLAYS!!!

Back
Top Bottom