As horrible as this season has been... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As horrible as this season has been...

Doug385

Practice Squad
Reaction score
... and with as many question marks going forward as we have, there's one thing to be truly grateful for... THE JETS LOST. I dont know about you, but that loss made my year. That circus is now over, and most likely will never show itself again given the teams' contract situation... But imagine what that perfect storm would bring us:

-disgusting gangrene celebrating on the field at the SB

-a spike in the sale of Jets jerseys, most likely the dirty Sanchez... especially here in south Florida, due to the population from that part of the country...

-Foot fetishist Rex Ryan's endorsement deals and commercials

-Sanchez/Jets on the cover of next year's Madden

-a Jets win would solidify their place in the Division at 1a and 1b (along side the Patriots), all the while burying the Dolphins even more.

-Agony of listening to local sports radio, and hearing their incredibly obnoxious fan base every day on 940/560/790

-the talk of a NYJ dynasty...

I have to stop, this is making me nauseous

To the Pittsburgh Steelers,

Thank You

:thanks:
:hclap::hclap::hclap::hclap::hclap::hclap::hclap::hclap::hclap:

It's so sad that is has come down to this, dolphin fans are happier when the Jets lose than when the Dolphins win.

Why are we going away? Young coach, young QB, core is all signed(besides Harris who will be signed). We are here to stay for a long time. Get used to Rex's big mouth.

It's so sad that is has come down to this, dolphin fans are happier when the Jets lose than when the Dolphins win.

Why are we going away? Young coach, young QB, core is all signed(besides Harris who will be signed). We are here to stay for a long time. Get used to Rex's big mouth.

Just stop. This statement is just plain goofy.

Our season was over. What are we supposed to get excited about? Oh boy! We just signed a new position coach! :rolleyes:

We enjoy it when you lose immensely. But, not nearly so much as when we win. :up:

BTW: OP - fashionably late to the party, I see. :chuckle:

Here is the thing that gets me, even WITH all your "incredible" players signed. The Jets just really aren't THAT good. Your offense was mediocre AT BEST and your defense seemed like it regressed from the previous year. I mean, if the Jets are so awesome, why did the lowly and horrible Dolphins beat you in your own house when, at the time, it was the most important game of the season? If your team is so freaking phenominal why didn't you beat the Ravens, or Green Bay, or Chicago, or, when it mattered the MOST, why didn't you beat the Steelers? IMO the Jets a are slightly above average team that, for all we know, has peaked.

P.S. - LOVE the fact that the AFC Championship logo is still appearing in your sig; it reminds me of the Jets pathetic performance in their most important game of the year... Love it.

"It's so sad that is has come down to this, dolphin fans are happier when the Jets lose than when the Dolphins win."

so Junc, you're pulling for the Pitt. Steelers over the G.B. Packers too, huh?

What does this show us? if there was a cap this year we would have been well under it. We have a cap guru running our team, we will be fine. We won't have the exact same team of course most of the key guys will be back and we have our core already back. I guess this gives you some hope but unfortunately those hopes will be dashed.

While I am delighted that the Jets wont be playing in the SB (seriously, we would NEVER hear the end of it), I am waaaaay more concerned about the Fins' future.

I just want to see the Fins win ONE ****in SB in my lifetime lol.

Here is the thing that gets me, even WITH all your "incredible" players signed. The Jets just really aren't THAT good. Your offense was mediocre AT BEST and your defense seemed like it regressed from the previous year. I mean, if the Jets are so awesome, why did the lowly and horrible Dolphins beat you in your own house when, at the time, it was the most important game of the season? If your team is so freaking phenominal why didn't you beat the Ravens, or Green Bay, or Chicago, or, when it mattered the MOST, why didn't you beat the Steelers? IMO the Jets a are slightly above average team that, for all we know, has peaked.

P.S. - LOVE the fact that the AFC Championship logo is still appearing in your sig; it reminds me of the Jets pathetic performance in their most important game of the year... Love it.

Isn't it amazing how being "not that good" we are the only team in the NFL to play in a conf title game each of the last 2 years? if we "aren't that good" what does that say about the rest of the league? They must suck.

How was the Miami game the most important game of the season for us? We just came off being throttled by NE in a showdown for 1st place- that was much more important as was the next week's game at Pitt against a team that would make the playoffs.

Hold on, so we get bashed for losing to Bal, GB, Chi in close games but no praise for beating Pitt?

You crack me up.

Hold on, so we get bashed for losing to Bal, GB, Chi in close games but no praise for beating Pitt?

You crack me up.

You want praise for beating them in the regular season yet you lost to them in the game for all the marbles to go to the Super Bowl.

You crack me up.

You want praise for beating them in the regular season yet you lost to them in the game for all the marbles to go to the Super Bowl.

You crack me up.

If he is going to bash us for losing those other games. We deserved to get bashed for the 45-3 game but we did come back and beat them on the road in the playoffs. Pitt is a tough team, we played them on the road twice- won a close one and lost a close one. if we played 10 times we probably each win 5.

If he is going to bash us for losing those other games. We deserved to get bashed for the 45-3 game but we did come back and beat them on the road in the playoffs. Pitt is a tough team, we played them on the road twice- won a close one and lost a close one. if we played 10 times we probably each win 5.

Not a chance. Maybe 3 out of 10. IMO the only reason you beat them in the regular season matchup was b/c the QB of their defense, Polamalu, was out and Heath miller was missing as well.

Not a chance. Maybe 3 out of 10. IMO the only reason you beat them in the regular season matchup was b/c the QB of their defense, Polamalu, was out and Heath miller was missing as well.

Can I use the excuse that the only reason they beat us is b/c we were w/o Damien Woody and Kris Jenkins?

We lost mainly b/c of Ben making plays. Miller wasn't much of a factor and I barely notcied troy as great as he is.

Not for nothing, but you guys were saying pretty much the exact same thing at this time last year.

Junc ... all these Dolphin fans are just whistling past the graveyard. We know our SB is coming in the next couple of years, and deep down they know it too. You win Championships by building a solid organization and putting yourself in the right position year after year (see Pitt, NE, Indy). We've done that twice in two years under Rex and Tannenbaum and we'll keep doing it as long as they're here.

Meanwhile the Dolphins are moving in the wrong direction under a coach that the owner didn't even want to keep around. They've got nothing to celebrate aside from dodging another bullet. Their ownership is clueless, their head coach has no credibility,their offense needs to be completely revamped under a new OC with no track record, and they can't win a game in their own building.

The reality is, the Dolphins will be battling the Bills for last place in the divison for the next few years. Odds are better that the Jets we'll be playing in a Superbowl before the Dolphins win their next playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom