As the decade comes to a conclusion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As the decade comes to a conclusion

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
How this team handles the nay-sayers?
After what we did last season, it felt good to make everyone eat crow that doubted us. How will this team handle more of the same coming into the season with the NFL's toughest schedule? How will this team handle it with a quarterback who hasn't ever posted 2 successful seasons in a row? I think this team comes into this season with one more year of experience, one more year of familiarity, and one more year of high expectations.

What will become of the Wildcat?
We have all heard Sparano and Ireland speak of how we never reached the full potential of the wildcat. We have many different options now of what we can unfold with it. Whether it is a simple handoff or a reverse flee-flicker option, expect some new wrinkles to keep opponents on their heels. While it is a fun formation to watch, I hope we can generate more success off of our base formations so we don't have to rely on the wildcat heavily.

When will we see Henne?

We are all waiting to see our offense with our quarterback of the future. I, for one, hope we do not see Henne this year. If we do that will mean that our team is doing less than stellar. Our offense under Pennington was like anything I've ever seen. In crucial situations I stopped hoping we would make it, because I was confident we would make it. While we are all anxious to see Henne taking snaps under center, I think we need to be patient and embrace the quarterback who is number 1 on the depth chart.

What will Ronnie do in his contract year?
This is the make or break season for Ronnie. I fully expect him to be lights out this season, so there is no doubt that we need to re-sign him and keep him on this team. With Ricky aging another year I think the outcome of this situation is up to Ronnie. If he doesn't finish this season healthy or with top 10 numbers you can expect doubt come time of contract negotiations.

How will last year's and this year's draft classes add up?
With our franchise left tackle, Run stuffing D end and gem right guard, how will the rest of the 2008 draft class make their presence felt? With Merling working his way to starting end, and all the talk of Henne's powerful arm this could be one of our best draft classes the Fins have had in a while. With a new set of cornerbacks, receivers, and a dual threat wildcat option, this year's draft class could definitely stack up as a good one too.

Will Jason Taylor retain his legacy?
After a disappointing year with the skins, how will JT work as a passing down pass rusher? Who knows what Taylor still has left in his tank. After last season it is good seeing he is attending all of the "voluntary" offseason programs and workouts. It will be nice knowing there is someone other than Peezy that can find their way to the quarterback. Watching Joey and Jason should be extremely entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom