as the voice of reason i will say this. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

as the voice of reason i will say this.

King Madison II

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i think that 90 % of the dolphins woes is the qb s are boneheads and 10% is oline and i really , really believe that we will need to draft well next year and i say screw drafting deffense next season lets draft oline qb and wr then worry about deffense. IF THE DOLPHINS would have drafted qb orton then we could have fixed the secondary later the deffense is easier to fix then the offense esp. " you know that qbs dont grow on trees " I WILL SAY THIS I AM NOT A GLOOM AND DOOM CHARACTER BUT WE AREN'T GOING ABOVE 500. WITH THIS OFFENSE.

sorry for the caps guys but i wanted to bring back some reality for those who said 12-4 . nick will need 3 yrs to fix this mess that our ex gm and 3x coach left us.:fire:

Yeah, we're missing 2 pieces of the puzzle, but their big pieces.

Bring in couch to compete, screw it, might as well.

King Madison II said:
i think that 90 % of the dolphins woes is the qb s are boneheads and 10% is oline and i really , really believe that we will need to draft well next year and i say screw drafting deffense next season lets draft oline qb and wr then worry about deffense. IF THE DOLPHINS would have drafted qb orton then we could have fixed the secondary later the deffense is easier to fix then the offense esp. " you know that qbs dont grow on trees " I WILL SAY THIS I AM NOT A GLOOM AND DOOM CHARACTER BUT WE AREN'T GOING ABOVE 500. WITH THIS OFFENSE.

sorry for the caps guys but i wanted to bring back some reality for those who said 12-4 . nick will need 3 yrs to fix this mess that our ex gm and 3x coach left us.:fire:

90% are QB problems? Nope........its the same as last year, its the o-line

Ya this is sure a voice of reason. :shakeno: What all the other posters are saying too... While I agree somewhat our O-line is more than 10% of the problem.

"as the voice of reason" you should be willing to judge the frist 3 preseason games against the last two, to measure progress. I agree that qb is skyrocketing to the top of next years draft strategy, but as far as Orton goes, yeah he has looked good in 2 PRESEASON games going against 2nd and 3rd stringers. But it's a different game once the lights come on.....

and im not sure orton would be able to keep his cool getting pressure constantly, id say the problem is 60% QB and 40% O-line. we could definately use another solid lineman or two, but we could be succesful without.

Frerotte did very well when he had a decent O-Line. Feeley did pretty well when he had a decent line. Griese did exceptionally well when he had a good line. Even Fiedler is doing better now that he has a better line.

90% of our problem is the QBs??????

I think that most of the problem is O-Line.

If you can't block, then you can't win. They have been struggling so far, and I think this is the biggest weakness on the team right now.

Oh, so NOW the Gusketeers come around and see the light after dragging AJ through the mud because he played behind the SAME OLINE!!!!

I'm sorry I had to post this, but I'm just upset at people blaming AJ for everything from the stock market crash to the war in Iraq while Frerotte is essentially the Messiah to them and that he can do no wrong.

i sorta agree. i think we NEED a qb. however we could use 1 or 2 more houck picked o lineman. but i also keep seeing safety and 1 or 2 good linebackers. or maybe 1 of each. yeah thatd be good. but who do we pick if we get the chance at a qb of leinarts capabilities not saying leinart but someone close. or that o lineman ferguson i hear he is a pancake machine. cause both should be gone in the first. but i just cant quit thinking defense. safety and linebacker. gosh this is so difficult. i say qb first. o lineman. safety. the rest linebacker. or not. dont know.:blowup:

For some reason I keep thinking of that old Christmas cartoon where Rudolph goes to the "land of the misfit toys".

Maybe this is where "second string QB's come to try to be a starter" but fail. I dunno.

Welcome to the Miami Dolphins where, since Dan Marino retired, we been the land of the misfit QB's.

Fielder-2nd string
Lucas-2nd string
Griese-2nd string
Feeley-2nd string
Ferotte-2nd string

Call me a cynic, but I'm just seeing whats put in front of me. Either way, I'll still be a fan.

I can't claim to be an expert on O-line play, however I firmly believe that the O-line is at the heart of our offensive woes. As a point of reference, I suggest watching some of the other pre-season games and focusing on the O-lines. I don't think we need different players, necessarily (maybe, but it's too early to tell, IMO). I'm thinking the more the O-linemen practice and then play together as a unit the better they'll be.

King Madison II said:

I think maybe 50-50. 3 years is good though. Defense will need a year in system. Then next year watch Poole come back, Daniels, Crowder, Roth, and Vickerson will have a year under their belt and will be ready to step into larger roles, Manny might even grow up after spending a year on the practice squad. I think Defense will be set for 2007 so you are right about next year's draft. They will need to draft a QB next year and he might be OK in his 2nd year so I totally agree with 3 years. Look for an overhaul of aging veterans next year and stockpile of draft picks to go after linemen with.

Back
Top Bottom