As Usual Patsy land papers trying to stirr up strife! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Usual Patsy land papers trying to stirr up strife!

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's all just more of the same ole yada yada. LOL

Pats, Dolphins talk a good game
By Michael Felger
Thursday, December 4, 2003

FOXBORO - Bad blood and trash talk. It's what we focus on in the middle of the week, when the game is still days away and we get duped into thinking the quotes on the bulletin board will actually play a role on Sunday.

Bill Parcells used to say that such pregame hype usually goes out the window right about the time ``you get smacked in the teeth.''

That's surely what will happen Sunday, when Miami visits Gillette Stadium with the Pats on the verge of clinching the AFC East. By the end of the first few series, it will be all about football....

As has been the case for the past several years, the Dolphins are laden with individual talent. And while they have a reputation for not living up to their potential, it hasn't made them any less confident. Most of the Dolphins feel they should have beaten the Patriots in October and in last year's season finale in Foxboro, in which the Pats came back from an 11-point deficit in the final minutes.

Harrison....

``I just know it's war every time you step on the field,'' he said. ``That's what you take it as. It all comes down to hitting somebody in the mouth and doing it on the field. The rest of the talk is cheap.

``It's words. It's all it is.''

``They said some things after that last game that sparked some interest in a few guys in here,'' Pats quarterback Tom Bradysaid. ``Have you talked to Rodney yet?''

When asked about McMichael, Harrison's first response was: ``Who?''

Harrison then elaborated.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/patriots.bg?articleid=262

I can't wait until Sunday.I can't seem to shake the feeling that this week is the beginning of the playoff stretch.

More junk from the arrogant NE papers. This from a city as corrupt
as any place on earth could be. Funny thing is I used to live there so I know what going on there. Believe me it's not a place you would want your kids to grow up in.

Dolphins don't feel Pats are the team to beat
On the contrary, Miami sounds more like it thinks it should be the team out in front if not for New England's good luck.

-------------

01:00 AM EST on Thursday, December 4, 2003

By TOM E. CURRAN
Journal Sports Writer

FOXBORO -- The Miami Dolphins think the Patriots are lucky. They don't necessarily think the Patriots are a bad team. The Dolphins are just convinced that they're a lot more talented. And they can't bring themselves to take New England seriously.

You won't find one quote that serves as the smoking gun. You will, however, see a pattern in what they say, each hinting at a belief that absolutely runs from their front office through their locker room.

Dismissiveness drips from their words. It is obvious on their faces and doctors their body language.

"It's kind of mind-boggling," Miami fullback

Rob Konrad said to the South Florida media this week. "I talk to people up there and they don't know how they keep winning and sneaking them out. People say they're the luckiest team in the league, but I don't really believe in that. You're not lucky that often.

"You can make things happen if you have playmakers and are good at the little details that win games. They've been like that under this coaching staff. They're tough. They're not necessarily going to blow people out, but at the end of the game, they pay attention to those details and win."

Crack the code. Konrad has had conversations about the Patriots' luckiness. They are that, sometimes, he feels, but not always. When they're not lucky, they do little things that make a difference. Things that better teams generally overlook. Because the Pats do the little things, they steal games.

The best, most accurate information is always found between the lines.

Here's linebacker Zach Thomas two months ago after the Patriots beat Miami 19-13 in overtime.

"Hey, they took a chance (on the game-ending 82-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady to Troy Brown)," said Thomas. "They threw it deep and went for the win. They could have easily just tried to work first down to first down and instead they went deep against us.

"We're good (defensively), but we can't fool ourselves to think we're the best if we can't keep people out of the end zone. We can't give up those big plays. We're fine. Our confidence is great. But we have to get better if we want to be a championship team. They had patience and kept picking away and picking away and they got what they wanted."

In short, they gambled and won.

-----------

And it goes on, bunch of hoodlum wanna be's.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20031204_04pats.fbaae.html

Sounds like the reporter has found a way to say what he doesn't want to put into an opinion column under his own name: that the Pats are a good team that could be anywhere from 7-5 to 10-2, depending on how the breaks had fallen (as they do for every team in the league), and that the 10-2 record is a combination of the two things.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

I do have to wonder how a writer filing a story with a 'Foxboro' dateline can talk about how to interpret Miami players' "faces and body language," unless he's referring to press conferences (available to watch online).

Who? LMFAO I guess he never caught the name on the back of Randy's jersey as he ran by him and over him last game. HAHA!

IF your gonna talk smack, do it right.

Back
Top Bottom