Asante Samuel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel

1Dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
Would you give a 2nd for stane? I would, he would send our D to the next level. Tell the front office go get him.

why are we talking about defense when our offense is the problem :bobdole::crazy::ponder:

Bcuz the front office isn't going to do nothing about the offense. We passed on TEs WRs RBs QBs. It's either D or Oline

why would you give a 2nd when our def is good enough and cb is not the weakness.. now giving a 2nd on a offense lineman that i can agree -__- plus this FO doesn't want to sign no one anymore unless more cowboy players are released

Brilliant, Sign him. Not sold on Sean Smith, higher on Caroll.

you know, our secondary is only going to get better. why stunt the growth of any of our current players by bringing in an older vet? I mean we've already got will allen coming back as the old man, do we really need another that's going to cost a draft pick and a lot of $?

CB to me isnt about making the big plays its about stopping them first and foremost. I think Smith has done well in that department to the point where he's not the guy i'm trying to replace with a high draft pick and a big contract. If anything we could use a young nickleback to unseat will allen and benny sapp. right now i think nolan carroll and nate ness are being groomed for that job. If there's a problem in the secondary it's safety. Chris clemons just isn't stellar and yeremiah's game is both dimensional and diminishing. His contract is pretty fat as well, but the problem is you need that field general back there, thus this isn't the year to replace bell. Jones looks promising and we need to find out what he has. I think putting him at FS is as much of a risk as chris clemons.

I can live with this secondary?

CB1: Vontae Davis
SS: Yeremiah Bell
FS: Reshad Jones
CB3: Will Allen
CB2: Sean Smith

Its not to say we don't need more boundary corners to push these guys, but not an aging guy like asante, who isn't the best tackler, and who commands a high draft pick and contract. I'd rather find someone to groom or poach someone as depth/inury insurance

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you give a 2nd for stane? I would, he would send our D to the next level. Tell the front office go get him.

Well I called Jeff and he said "Not even I am that retarded"

Why the Hell would they trade him? He, Nnamdi, and DRC make that secondary ridiculous.

I would not.

If you've got a 2nd rounder burning a hole in your pocket then you need to go trade for help on offense, not defense.

Back
Top Bottom