Asante Samuel? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel?

OrangeShorts

Rookie
Reaction score
If any of you guys were Ireland would you want to trade for AS if he were available? Logic seems that we need DB help pretty bad and they are overloaded. What would it take? Just a thought.

Go Fins!

Knowing Andy Ried, he would want a high draft pick in return..at least a third rounder and a player or a second.

I would take him at face value, but honestly Samuel thrives in systems that put pressure on the qb and force them to make bad decisions or get rid of the ball earlier than they would like. NE used to be very good at getting to the qb and all philly does is blitz. I'm not saying he's not a significant upgrade, but right now I don't know if it matters whose playing in the secondary when they are being asked to cover receivers under the current circumstances.

in a heart beat i would give up a high pick for him. That dude has atleast 3-4 left in his prime.

Do you have a better opinion then a useless wise remark? The thread is clearly titled as an opinion and to be honest, its really not that far fetched. So if you have a better thought please share, thanks.

Go Fins

his opinion> your post

not that far fetched? name the last time a probowl CB was traded during the season. go ahead

Give em Philip Merling and a 3rd...might be pricey but we need another good corner and Miami is wasting it's 3rd rd picks anyways.

Asante IS on the trade block, and I would take him in a second except for.

1. I believe he has a 10.5 mill contract this year and something like 12.5 mill for next year (reason everyone thought Eagles would cut him or trade him cheap after they signed Nnamdi.

2. Eagles would most likely want a high (Round 2 or 3) draft pick for him since they know we are desperate for the help.

Just my $0.02

To be honest we should trade ALL of our picks for players!! especially if ross plans on keeping sporano n ireland. neither of these guys can draft for their lives! id much rather take a proven vet then keep on blowing draft picks on players that dont make the team year 2. would u go back to 2 years ago and trade our 3rd and 4th for a proven player? I mean Edds isnt on the team and Jerry seems to be on the way out too..these guys are better at finding UDFAs then players in the draft...so if u ask me, yes trade any pick besides a first and get him here ASAP!!! Id even take DRC

I don't want these clowns trading away any of the next regime's high picks.

Asante is a zone scheme DB, does not fit in with Miami.

I dont think some of these posters understand the meaning of a vontae-asante combo. It would be deadly to opposing qbs. Sean smith is sean smith, you never know what your going to get, with asante asamuels you know what your getting. A true probowl playmaking corner that is 100% realible every down. Did i mention he comes in shape? lol

Back
Top Bottom