Ashley Lelie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ashley Lelie

I think he is better than people give him credit for...but we don't need any more receivers.

Hey Nizzo....I agree with you 99% of the time you Flyers fan you!!!!! BUT, I have seen Lelie a lot here in Colorado and he just has made too many drops...if he was able to hold onto the ball he could be like Rod Smith. I think we have a ton of receivers here, and with Hagen on board we are going to be in great shape. Hopefully Lelie will get over the drops with the Broncos...we all have seen CC get better and turn into a pro bowl receiver here (even though he still drops it now and then).....I just think we have other needs than Lelie. :wink:

I`ve heard Broncos want the 2nd round pick for Lelie. That`s way too much.

good player, dont get me wring but we are SET at WR IMO :dolphins:

Lelie's camp absence irks Shanahan

Ashley Lelie's absence is starting to chafe Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

As promised, Lelie was a no-show Tuesday when the Broncos gathered for onfield work for the first time since losing the AFC title game to Pittsburgh in January.

"I can't worry about the guys that aren't here -- or the guy that's not here," Shanahan said after his nine-day quarterbacks camp opened without the recalcitrant former first-round draft pick. "The only thing I'm concerned about are the people that are here.

"I know it's hard to be the No. 1 wide receiver when you're not competing."
One player Shanahan was surprised to see in attendance was tackle/tight end Dwayne Carswell, who was critically injured in a car crash last October.
"Dwayne is a lot farther ahead than I thought he would be," Shanahan said.

"He's out there ready to practice already. I did not think that would be possible after watching him over the last couple of months. He is an overachiever, he works extremely hard. He has a big passion for the game."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/05/16/broncos.lelie.ap/index.html

We are set at WR, maybe if we didnt draft Hulk Hagan and Devin Aromatherapy, we would take a look at him.

I liked him at Hawaii, but he hasen't dont much in the NFL. We have a ton of WRs right now. Id rather work with who we have now and develope our young guys than bring in another guy who might be a bust here too. Plus he isn't worth a day one pick as far as Im concerned

playmaker1 said:
I liked him at Hawaii, but he hasen't dont much in the NFL. We have a ton of WRs right now. Id rather work with who we have now and develope our young guys than bring in another guy who might be a bust here too. Plus he isn't worth a day one pick as far as Im concerned

Yeah, Exactly!!!

The Denver Post was reporting how Shannahan was really mad with Lelie skipping a "non mandatory" meeting....Shanny won't put up with Lelie for long. I think he is gonna be dealt.

Back
Top Bottom