Ashworth Signed With Seahawks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ashworth Signed With Seahawks

ATVZ400

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seahawks | Ashworth agrees to terms
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:04:48 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/21">Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with free agent OT Tom Ashworth (Partiots) on a five-year deal. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Ashworth is expected to be paid about $4.5 million in the first year.

Darn man. Where the heck did Seattle get all this money under the cap?!?!

I guess when they lost Hutch that free'd up some $$? I don't know, but they are filling some spots nicely themselves.

Its a funny thing.When presented with the choice between Ashworth and Shelton most fans preferred Ashworth.

The Dolphins did approach Ashworth but they cooled off on him.IMO its because HH preferred the upside potential of underachieving Shelton than overachieving Ashworth.

I dont think there was much difference in the contracts they were seeking.

SpurzN703 said:
A Super Bowl team with cap room should be outlawed. Give us non playoffers a chance :wink:

Arguably, it could be said that Seattle overpaid for a LB who hasn't been that productive lately because of a torn Achilles, an injury that is worse than a blown knee in my opinion. As for the Ashworth signing, the guy isn't a star or anything, he has a little cache because he was a Pat. In any case, the NFC champs will go into next year with an OL that isn't as good as it was this year because of the loss of Hutchinson.

All these teams spending money because they can. It doesn't guarantee Jack in the NFL.

phinman1 said:
Arguably, it could be said that Seattle overpaid for a LB who hasn't been that productive lately because of a torn Achilles, an injury that is worse than a blown knee in my opinion. As for the Ashworth signing, the guy isn't a star or anything, he has a little cache because he was a Pat. In any case, the NFC champs will go into next year with an OL that isn't as good as it was this year because of the loss of Hutchinson.

All these teams spending money because they can. It doesn't guarantee Jack in the NFL.

I agree with you on that, but imagine what Saban could do if we had that much mullah to blow this offseason. I bet you that would mean somthing this season in the NFL.

phinman1 said:

very well put. see Pats, Pitt, Colts, even the da Bears last year

Back
Top Bottom