Ask Stevie S | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Stevie S

Steve S said:
He lives in the US
He follows Dolphin football a lot closer and smarter than most
He doesn't sugar coat his opinions or pray for the team to sign more convicts

Here goes:

Should Miami sign Koren Robinson?
Hell, no. He's exactly what this team does not need, another substance abuse problem with questionable production.

How good can Sage Rosenfels be?
Not very. He's fine in practice where they say he throws the best ball but when the lights go on for real the results haven't been pretty in preseason or in the season finale in Baltimore last year. He won't make the team if Brock Berlin shows anything, anything at all this year.

Will Ricky Williams or Dave Boston be big contributors this year?

No and No. There are too many questions surrounding Ricky's conditioning, weight and motivations. At this point its 50/50 whether he'll play 8 games for the Dolphins this year. As for Boston I have a feeling that something, once again, whether its an attitude problem or injury, will arise and negate his enormous talent. Good news for Miami is that they should be very strong at those skill positions with or without major contributions from RW and DB.

How bad a GM was Rick Spielman?

Awful, embarrassingly bad. He did more damage in one year than any GM I can remember. I don't let him off the hook for having to acquire a WR and RB after Boston and Williams couldn't play last year. He still could have gotten more for less if he had one ounce of ability or intelligence. Spielman apologists are laughable. This guy got screwed by Mike Tice, the Bears, the Rams and the Eagles all in one destructive offseason. Firing was too good for this guy.

Manuel Wright???

Si, senor. Get 'er done. Especially if you can do it for a 4th rounder. We've needed a young DT for awhile now. Oh, I'm sorry, we HAD to have Vernon Carey over Vince Wilfork. This is so f' in bad when you consider that the Dolphins had more exposure to UM coaches and insiders who apparently told them that Carey might take awhile to develop.

he's talking in the the third person........hellomotto thinks you know squat. hellomotto is a rude b@st@rd. Hellomotto must go back to work.

Steve S said:
I'd go the other way- bad spoof, good opinions. I could argue with you all day on the merits of Spielman as a GM but I'll leave you with this:

Once Spielman was totally exposed on draft day by Mike Tice, (Meathead of all people!) there was no way for Rick to go but down.

He showed the rest of the league that he was not a savvy negotiator or talent evaluator and that he could easily be screwed in trades.

He sealed his fate, at least with the Dolphins that day. In the past, Huizenga might have let him stay on for several more seasons but I'm glad there's a new guy holding him accountable.

Hey all rookies makes mistakes..I doubt if he'd do it the same way again, but hey, the guy had to start somewhere. Bottomline, I liked the guy, you didn't. that's just the way it is. :confused2

If you guys ever make a mistake in your jobs, I don't think you want your boss not to allow you to make up for it. Or if you do make a mistake in your line of work, please show the class than Speilman did, resign... :shakeno: For some reason I don't think you guys will. All I say is show the same patient for others as you would want them to show for you. Speilman was a Rookie GM, who imho, didn't do that bad, we could have been in cap hell, if he panick like you guys say, but actually he's set us up well to do good things in the future. I actually think his draft would have been as good or better than Saban's.

i was thinking when i saw the thread "ooohhh heres someone who knows something" but alas its just another opinion post. Apparaently tho hes "smarter" than most!!!! Ive seen alot of opinions stating the same thing.

FanMarino said:
i was thinking when i saw the thread "ooohhh heres someone who knows something" but alas its just another opinion post. Apparaently tho hes "smarter" than most!!!! Ive seen alot of opinions stating the same thing.

Steve S would like to repeat that 99% of his intent on this thread was meant as a joke.

He finds it very funny that the angriest people about it are a suspended Canadian man who apparently doesn't watch any Dolphin games up in Vancouver and a bunch of "Yeah, me too, what he said" flunkies (not you FanMarino) who don't have the stones or brains to start their own threads.

He's sorry he got your panties in a bunch, ladies. He'll let you get back to your riveting Koren Robinson and Kellen Winslow Jr discussions. He too will be deeply saddened if these two future All-Pros and fine men do not become Miami Dolphins very soon.

Back
Top Bottom