Ask your self. Are you a true Dolfan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask your self. Are you a true Dolfan?

Oraclepz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Whats going on with all the backlash ? Day 1 of the FA period as passed by and yes we haven't signed everyone. Whats with the impatience all of the sudden. As if taking a team from 1-15 to 11-5 isn't enough for a years progression. I know some fans are about instant gratification, but after last year that should at least buy the Trifecta the benefit of doubt considering how our team has been ran throught the last decade. So please before you bash the FO ask yourself this, are you really a true Dolfan????

I don't see how questioning the moves of your favorite team has anything to do with whether or not someone is a true Dolfan. Just because our team went from 1-15 to 11-5, it does not gives the FO any "get-out-of-jail-free-card" for what a fan may deem as questionable.

I agree we need to have patience and trust in the FO to do this correctly, like they have done before.
We also need to understand that a number of fellow Fins fans are just wanting us to get better and it's very easy to get sucked into all the F/A hype that the press puts on this. It's tough to watch other teams take what looks like the easy road by throwing a bunch of cash at a couple players and think that's going to make them a SB contender, especially when the press does nothing but talk about it. But remember how all the press had the Jets going to the SB last year after all their f/a moves and pick up of BF. We all saw how that turned out. Let alone how well the Raiders and Redskins did with all their great moves.
So let's just keep trying to remind everyone to have some patience and just trust the FO to do the right things when the timing is right with pick ups and draft.

I don't see how questioning the moves of your favorite team has anything to do with whether or not someone is a true Dolfan. Just because our team went from 1-15 to 11-5, it does not gives the FO any "get-out-of-jail-free-card" for what a fan may deem as questionable.

so tell me... what does improving a NFL record 10 wins in one season buy the front office? If it doesnt buy at least .... at the very least, some confidence in the people running your team, then yes i am questioning your fanhood.

so tell me... what does improving a NFL record 10 wins in one season buy the front office? If it doesnt buy at least .... at the very least, some confidence in the people running your team, then yes i am questioning your fanhood.
It buys them another year to try and improve the team. I have a lot of confidence in the front office to do whatever they have to do to make this franchise successful again but that still doesn't mean I cannot question some of the moves/transactions they make, especially when some of those moves fail.

It buys them another year to try and improve the team. I have a lot of confidence in the front office to do whatever they have to do to make this franchise successful again but that still doesn't mean I cannot question some of the moves/transactions they make, especially when some of those moves fail.

oh yeah of course.. you can always question the FO... but just have a lil faith in them.:up:

They didn't win the Super Bowl, they have bought themselves nothing. Now does the reputation Bill Parcells have commandeered give him leverage when it comes to signing someone like Joe Berger, sure it does. Parcells has proven he knows what he's doing, so if he truly does then this signing is going to be the right signing. However i'm not just going to give this organization free passes just because they turned the franchise around. It doesn't work like that. Until you win, you get nothing.

Not every move is gonna be guaranteed success. To say that is just ignorant. The draft last year was successful enough and the only real failure was signing Wilford, but like I said, that mistake was one of the few this regime has done. So I do not feel we have a right to question this regime and even if we did, what's it going to accomplish, nothing!!!!

They didn't win the Super Bowl, they have bought themselves nothing. Now does the reputation Bill Parcells have commandeered give him leverage when it comes to signing someone like Joe Berger, sure it does. Parcells has proven he knows what he's doing, so if he truly does then this signing is going to be the right signing. However i'm not just going to give this organization free passes just because they turned the franchise around. It doesn't work like that. Until you win, you get nothing.

And if he turns out to be a failure, what can you do about it? You can sit there and watch, that is as much power we, as fans, have. So tell me, what are you gonna do? I don't think the current regime cares if you give them a free pass or not, cause you or I don't pay them their salary. I find it funny when a fan sits there and says they won't allow our coaches or management have a free pass!!!

And if he turns out to be a failure, what can you do about it? You can sit there and watch, that is as much power we, as fans, have. So tell me, what are you gonna do? I don't think the current regime cares if you give them a free pass or not, cause you or I don't pay them their salary. I find it funny when a fan sits there and says they won't allow our coaches or management have a free pass!!!

Collectively the fans, when they don't go to games, when they don't buy merchandise, take away the free pass. This team had better not disappoint next season.

Not every move is gonna be guaranteed success. To say that is just ignorant. The draft last year was successful enough and the only real failure was signing Wilford, but like I said, that mistake was one of the few this regime has done. So I do not feel we have a right to question this regime and even if we did, what's it going to accomplish, nothing!!!!
No **** sherlock.

It is your right as a fan to feel this way but this has nothing to do with whether or not our questioning the moves of the front office will accomplish anything. This has to do with someone asking the question about whether you are a true Dolfan for questioning such moves.

IMO why pay these high prices for players that aren't good enough for their own team to hang onto them?? I am glad to see the crappy economy isn't affecting football in anyway? Kinda scary to think people are loosing their homes and their lives are getting ruined, but our favorite players are getting paid millions to play a game!!!

No **** sherlock.

It is your right as a fan to feel this way but this has nothing to do with whether or not our questioning the moves of the front office will accomplish anything. This has to do with someone asking the question about whether you are a true Dolfan for questioning such moves.

Whatever man, chill out a bit!!! I agree with the original poster!!! It's elementary my dear Watson.

I know I'm a true fan and I really don't care for someone else to tell me what I need to do to be one. Fans look at things different and just because you don't like certain things or opinions from some fans I don't get where your the man in charge of judging them.

I must have missed that memo! Go Phins!

Back
Top Bottom