Asomugha - Joining AFC East?? Hope Not for Fins Sake!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asomugha - Joining AFC East?? Hope Not for Fins Sake!!

putter1013

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just read this article on ESPN Insider. Didn't like when he talked about it at the Pro Bowl and definitely don't like reading this either. I hate the Jets and would be sick if they somehow landed Nnamdi Asomugha. How good would a secondary with Revis and Asomugha be? And we would be going against them 2 times per year. BOOOOO JETS!!!

Does anyone else find this sickening?

Here is the article.:
Nnamdi to the Jets back on?

5:04PM ET
Nnamdi Asomugha | Raiders | Interested: Jets?

Top Email

Nnamdi Asomugha started a firestorm of controversy at the Pro Bowl by suggesting that he and Darrelle Revis were poised to be in the same defensive backfield. Later, he clarified, saying that he was joking.
But where there's smoke, there can be fire, and such could be the case here. NFL Insider Adam Schefter has word that the Raiders are looking to swing a trade this offseason, and Asomugha is among those that the team is open to trading.
The problem, if you haven't been following closely, is the CB's contract situation, which includes an interesting clause, summarized below. But that might not keep the Jets away if he's really available, per AFC East scribe Tim Graham. Expanding on the "Revis Island" theme, we'll call the Jets' defensive backfield with Revis and Asomugha the "Rex Ryan Archipelago."

graham_tim_30-1.jpg
Tim Graham

Bad times for opposing QBs
"If Asomugha really wants to play with Revis and experience life under defensive savant Ryan -- and get out of Oakland while he's at it -- perhaps he'd be willing to restructure his deal to play for a team that's trying to, you know, win. The possibility of Asomugha still seems remote because of his contract, but the fact the Raiders are dangling him around the league makes you wonder how nauseous AFC East quarterbacks will get at the mere thought of him and Revis in green and white together."​

schefter_adam_30-1.jpg
Adam Schefter

Nnamdi gets quite pricey
"What makes a potential trade for Oakland's Pro Bowl cornerback even more difficult is that, after his contract expires following the 2011 season, Asomugha's team is forbidden from franchising him -- or it must pay him the average of the top five quarterback salaries, which this year would be $16.4 million."​

That is one heck of a clause in his contract. His agent definitely knew what he was doing when he asked for that. It was probably to guarantee he wouldn't spend the prime of his career in Oakland.

VERY SICK!

My Jet fan best friend was talking about this... on one hand that will cost them a ton in one position, on the other hand, seriously, with those two at CB... their could be potentially lights out... I would hate to see this happen! UGH

VERY SICK!

My Jet fan best friend was talking about this... on one hand that will cost them a ton in one position, on the other hand, seriously, with those two at CB... their could be potentially lights out... I would hate to see this happen! UGH
as long as we keep Ginn so he can face Revis we should be ok i dont know what it is but Revis has a hard time with ginn when no one else does

the only team i want to see him on in the AFC east is the miami dolphins

Not going to happen
Asomugha's contract (which includes an $8 million roster bonus due on the first day of the league year,March 5 and a $7.83 million option bonus due on March 19

Pipe dream. They're foolish if they spend that much on a pair of corners. Nnamdi is awesome, but at 16.4 million next year they'll have to lose some talent to land a guy like him.

Well that would make me PUKE!!! So much for everyone around here saying the Jets making it to the AFC Championship game was a good thing because they won't be able to do anything in free agency! Looks more like it has motivated them to push themselves over the hump. excuse me while I go vomit!

I thought I read awhile ago that, for whatever reasons Old Al has a long-standing hatred of the jest. Don't know if that's true, but if so, NE has 3 2nd rounders to play with and The Old Man has in the past, demonstrated a willingness to serve as Belicheat's minor league supplier. That worries me.

I thought I read awhile ago that, for whatever reasons Old Al has a long-standing hatred of the jest. Don't know if that's true, but if so, NE has 3 2nd rounders to play with and The Old Man has in the past, demonstrated a willingness to serve as Belicheat's minor league supplier. That worries me.

Asomugha on either the Jets or Pats would make me really, really upset. I really love the guy - have been a fan since my Cal days - seeing him in either of those hated jerseys would kill me.

What do the Jests have that would be good trade value for Asomugha? Their draft pick cubbard is reletively bare as they've already used several 2010 picks on players {WR Braylon Edwards (2 picks- a 3rd and a 5th), and CB Lito Shepard (4th) and QB Kevin O'Connell (a 6th or 7th)}. They don't have a whole lot left. Are they going to give up the rest of their draft for him?

Well either way Bodden/Ausamugo(SP) or Revis/Ausamugo(sp) would just not be good for us! You can't go against that kind of fire power with a couple undrafted wr, a 4th rounder and a guy that would shy away from contact in the lingerie football league! I know I know Bodden is a FA, but last I heard he wants to re-sign with the Rats.

What do the Jests have that would be good trade value for Asomugha? Their draft pick cubbard is reletively bare as they've already used several 2010 picks on players {WR Braylon Edwards (2 picks- a 3rd and a 5th), and CB Lito Shepard (4th) and QB Kevin O'Connell (a 6th or 7th)}. They don't have a whole lot left. Are they going to give up the rest of their draft for him?

Remember they are dealing with a crazy old man, he gave up Moss for a 4th so anything is possible!

Not going to happen
Asomugha's contract (which includes an $8 million roster bonus due on the first day of the league year,March 5 and a $7.83 million option bonus due on March 19
Did i say it was going to happen. NO i didnt but that would be the only way i would want him in the AFC east and im not going to give up our 1st for him either and that is what it is worth so unless i said Bring Asomugha to Miami thise coment should have never been made.

Well either way Bodden/Ausamugo(SP) or Revis/Ausamugo(sp) would just not be good for us! You can't go against that kind of fire power with a couple undrafted wr, a 4th rounder and a guy that would shy away from contact in the lingerie football league! I know I know Bodden is a FA, but last I heard he wants to re-sign with the Rats.

But don't you understand? Defense and a running game win championships. No need to worry about a bunch of corners that defend against the PASS!

In all seriousness though, IF we continued to have the same type of offense as last year, we'd match up ok against those pairs simply because we don't gun the ball at them enough for it to hurt us.

Back
Top Bottom